Eighteen (1)

A woman in her late forties walked up the stairs her feet soft on the ground. She stopped when she came to a door made of wood with a caramel touch and intricate designs of water life carved into it. She wondered why her daughter was attached to the water. She brushed of the thought as her hand came to knock on the door.
  " Olivia" she called out but no response. She peeked into the room and seeing no body in there, she walked in and took in the surroundings for the umpteenth time. No matter the number of  times she had seen this room, she was left in awe each time. Adorned with pictures of mermaids and aquatic life ,her daughter really paid attention to every detail when decorating the room.
     Her line of thought was interrupted by an entrance into the room. Turning her head,she saw Olivia coming out of the bathroom.
     Olivia was the epitome of otherworldly beauty. Just one look at her can make you gawk. Ash color of hair,pitch black eyes, button nose with her slim pink lips to complement her pale white skin. Her slender figure with pert features perfected her body.
   "What were you doing in there for the past 20 minutes",she had asked.
"Nothing mum" Olivia responded and lowered her lashes to hide the nervousness and guilt in the.
     Mrs Volkov's brows instinctively arched up and she said "Hurry up and get down in 30 minutes" in a matter-of-fact tone whilst giving her a I-don't-believe-you look.She turned on her heels and left the room
    Olivia heaved a sigh of relief and hurriedly went into her changing room. She threw on her dress and applied a little makeup.She was done in a record time of ten minutes, grabbed her phone and purse and dashed out
    On the way,she ignored her parents as she was mad at them. Looking out the window, she furrowed her brows. "This isn't the way to restaurant" she thought Looking up she caught her father's gaze in the rear view mirror and he winked. Just as she thought of it, the car screeched to a halt indicating that they had reached their destination. She hurried down and her mouth flew open in shock.