Chapter 25

Tsukishima's POV

I looked over at Yama who was fast asleep next to me. His head was resting on my chest and his arm was draped across me over my stomach. Well, this virus better not spread through any type of bodily fluids. Even if it does, it's far too late now that's for sure. 

Well, if it does happen, I'd be more than happy to die with him. If he dies on me, I'd have nothing else to really keep going for. Only reason I didn't off myself when I had left Daichi's encampment was because I guess the smallest part of me was hoping there'd be a cure. Not from me, but a cure. And that Yama would be able to receive it. 

Yama mumbled something in his sleep and snuggled up even more into my side. I smiled faintly and pulled the thin blanket over us both a bit more. It would've just been easier to put more, or any, clothes on. But Yama was so tired that after the bath he fell asleep. 

A yawn left my mouth before I sighed deeply. Hopefully Yama and I could get to stay together here. That we'd be safe in this place and no one would find that bite. Once it'd be fully scarred over, it'd be safer to take the bandages off. But still risky. Well, it'd be worth wearing a bandage all day if I must.

Next Day: Oikawa's POV

"Hey Hajime?"

"Mm."

"Is anything strange to you about those new guys who came in?"

"Who?"

"What were their names.. Oh, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi."

"Not really, why?"

"I dunno. It's just weird that they said they came from Daichi's camp because they felt like moving elsewhere. I mean, who does that nowadays?"

"There's strange people out there."

"But it makes me worry. Did they lead a horde or something to Daichi's camp? Burn it? Steal??"

"I don't know, Toru."

"Well, I want to make sure they're okay. Send out a group to head there and take a look." I said, my husband nodding and heading off. I wasn't exactly friends or anything with Daichi, but I knew who he was. And he seemed decent enough. We kept to the east, he kept to the north. Or wherever it was. I dunno. It's on a map. 

Either way, it's weird for people to be looking for 'changes of scenery'. If things were the way they were before this, I'd understand. But not now. These guys could be a danger to us if they're lying. So, better safe than sorry. 

Maybe I should go with the group? I never really leave the place. Normally Hajime is the one who goes and I stay here to take care of other things. But, I'd like to see for myself. Plus, everyone needs some excitement now and then. 

I grabbed a changed of clothes and my bag before rushing out the door and to find Hajime. I found him gathering a group and explaining to them what I wanted. When I walked in on their little meeting, I declared I was to go with them.

The others in the group looked a bit confused but said nothing. My husband on the other hand just looked at me with a raised brow.

"What."

"I said I'm going with them!"

"...No."

"Why not?!"

"It's dangerous out there."

"Okay, and? You go out there."

"Yes. But I do not want you to be in danger."

"Aw, I love you too Hajime." I said with a laugh, cupping and squishing his cheeks. This was probably making the others uncomfortable but I didn't care.

"But I'm going." I said, pulling my hands away. My husband knew that I was stubborn, so he sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Fine. Stay with the group. And stay careful. Okay?" He said, handing me a gun. I nodded as he walked off. The others waited for my orders as I looked at them all.

"Alright. What're we waiting for? All of you, go get your bags, and meet at the gates in 30 minutes."

Suga's POV

"Hi Daichi. Hi baby!" I said, returning home. I smiled happily and snatched my, well yes our, but still, baby from my husband's arms. Daichi chuckled and gave me a small kiss.

"How're you doing?"

"Alright. Feels a lot busier without Yamaguchi here... I hope he's okay.."

"I know you're worried. But, he said that he felt he had to be out there to look for Tsukishima. If nothing else, he wanted to be where he lost him." Daichi said gently. I nodded with a sigh. I guess I understood. If I lost Daichi I'd probably go mad too.

Not that I think Yamaguchi has gone completely mad, but, it was a bit, crazy, to go out there all by yourself. Especially if he wasn't aware how to fight or defend himself. Well, hopefully he was okay. That's all I could ask for is that he's alive and will either return here, or find elsewhere to stay safe.

I was just about to head off to bed with Daichi, but there was a knock at our door. Daichi said he'd get it, but I wanted to make sure everything was okay. So I followed him when he went to the door. When he opened the door, we saw one of the people who kept watch at the front gates.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Daichi asked with some concern. The young man nodded before saying.

"Yes sir, everything is fine. But you have some people who are asking to see you."

"Who?"

"He said his name is Toru Iwaizumi. Or Oikawa." 

Oikawa was here?? I hope he's doing alright. His settlement is a lot smaller with less people and supplies than ours, so hopefully it hasn't been destroyed or anything.. I mean, it'd be difficult to take in everyone if that's the case. 

"Is he here alone?"

"No sir. But it's a small group."

"How many."

"Only him and 4 others."

"Alright. We'll see him." Daichi said. The young man nodded and lead us to the gates. I held my daughter close as we reached the gates and they were opened. Oikawa smiling as he waved.

"Hello Daichi. Hello Sugawara. And who is this?" He asked, looking at our daughter. I smiled faintly, introducing her as Oikawa nodded.

"Why are you here, Oikawa?" Daichi asked, getting straight to the point.

"Oh yes. I have come across some men who said that they were from your camp. They said they were only looking for a change in place, but I was unsure. I came to make sure that they hadn't stolen or burned your camp."

"What're their names?"

"Yamaguchi and Tsukishima."

I widened my eyes in surprise, Daichi looking surprised too. My first thought was thankfulness that Yamaguchi was okay and he found somewhere else to go. But my second thought...Tsukishima is alive..? He's alive. And he's immune..