Chapter four

Notes - I'm trying to create my own cover for each chapter.. So that's going to take me a while. The beginning of the second half of this chapter is sorta bad, because I didn't really plan it out..

This is a mix filler/cannon chapter (In the begining it starts off as a filler, but at the end you will see what squad she gets in)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm going to be out for a bit, to take a break from this place." I said to the receptionist. Truthfully there were way too many soul's which overwhelmed me a bit, I can't believe I even lasted this long. "So you're that blind girl everyone's talking about huh?" The male asked. "yes" I replied bluntly. "Alright, alright just be sure to come back before the selections start kid."

"Come on Akari I need my food!" Siri jumped excitedly, dreaming of the different types of sweets she could eat. We tried to find the least filled cafe, but that wasn't such an easy task considering we were in a city.

Nonetheless we were able to find an empty cafe close to the exam areas. Just as the Siri's walked through the door, a certain somebody walked up to them. That certain somebody was Ren Novachrono.

Ren Novachrono is a 17 year old teenager who's a part of the Golden Dawn. Ren has been my best friend even since we were young naive children. He use to come visit the Wisteria Realm almost every single day. But that didn't happen so often anymore, Ren became a magic knight and I had my duties as an official princess.

"Hey Akari, it's been a while since we last met.." Ren walked up to the door and opened it, waiting for me to go in. I wasn't surprised by his sudden presence at all, Siri's and I already knew his soul was nearby. But we tried to ignore it, knowing that I was disguised as a peasant could ruin his reputation if we met up.

"Yeah.. It's been a while.." I responded slowly. As we sat down at the table a waitress walked up to us and took our order. "I'll have a honey toast please." Ren asked politely. "I'll just have some earl grey tea if you don't mind." I stared at the female figure in front of me. Siri's somehow already managed to order and receive her treats, without scaring anyone off.

Ren tried to start an awkward small talk "So uh.. I saw you fight Melody earlier, your magic was definitely stronger then the last time we've seen each other." He complimented "Why thank you. I've been taking lessons from the other hybrids, and my new partner Siri's." I replied.

"Well father has been training me a lot, and we've been getting a lot of missions lately." Ren trailed off of the topic, not wanting to get involved with all the missions they have been sending him on. "Well that suck's to be you then." I smirked in amusement. "Hey come on.. give me some credit for my efforts" He complained.

"Hey what time do we have to get back for the selections?" Siri's asked. "Yeah, I was also wondering." There were at least over 300 participants, and our match was only the third round. Something tells me we were going to be here for a long time.

"Why don't you just check the clock?" It went dead silent for a moment. "Oh wait.. I forgot you can't see the numbers and markings on the clock." Captain obvious said.

"Correction, I see in a different way than you do." I stated. "Well it's going to be 2 hours and 40 minutes from now." Ren looked up and stared at the clock. On the topic of clocks, Ren's soul was filled with them. It was like he was time himself! On top of that his soul was welcoming and sincere.