Chapter Three

Elle
Billie texted me telling me what time to meet her at the cafe.

I woke up and cleaned my scars like I do every morning. Drinking two bottles of water to keep my stomach at bay until I eat again.

Going into my bathroom I tried my best to pick out an outfit that didn't show my arms and legs. It took me forever but once I thought I was thoroughly covered I quickly headed downstairs grabbing my skateboard and keys and heading downtown to the cafe.

Upon entering the small shop it wasn't hard to spot Billie. Her aqua hair being a dead giveaway. A smile was immediately brought upon her face at my presence as I made my way over to her.

We engaged in some very boring and cringe worthy small talk before getting straight to work. I wanted this to be over with as soon as possible.

~

As I was writing down information for the project I looked up to find Billie staring at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Nothing. You're just really pretty."

My cheeks reddened. I don't usually get compliments from...well anyone unless it's from Lexi. Wait am I crushing on this girl? No. That's not possible.

"Th-thank you." I responded quietly.

"Aww cute I made you blush." She teased. Only making me blush more as she laughed.
"Okay I'll stop uhh imma go get a bagel or something you want anything?"

I immediately shook my head. "No, I'm fine."

"You sure? We've been here for like an hour, you're not hungry?"

I mean I was hungry but I didn't need to be more fat than I already was so I declined, my arms going to cover my stomach.

"No I'm good I-I ate before I came."

Although she hesitated, she nodded her head and went to go order her food as I got a call from Lexi.

Of course, how convenient.

"Hey girl! How's your date going?" She yelled into the phone.

"Oh my god, it's not date Alexis. We're working on the project."

"Well what's happening? What are y'all talking about?"

"Lexi I am not going to give you a play by play of our project!" I whisper yelled.

"But you'll give me one of your date?"

"Alexis!"

"Hey is everything okay?" Billie came back and sat down across from me.

"Is that her? Hi Billie! You take good care of my bestie-"

"Okay bye Lex I'll call you later love you bye."

I quickly ended the phone call as Billie sat back down.

"Sorry, that was my best friend she's..well she's just her."

She let out a small laugh, a genuine one too. It honestly made me feel weird inside. Almost happy I guess, I didn't really know how to explain it. And before I knew it a small smile was playing at my lips.

"Hey! She smiles!"

"Of course I smile. Everyone smiles every now and then."