#50

Corbyn Pov
I rubbed my eyes as i slouched on the couch, Evie went to take a shower because it makes her feel better at times...but i can hear her crying.

I cant just go in there, we only just started a relationship, i wont push her or do anything that could make her unconscious no matter how hard i just want to comfort her.

Jessie wont hurt her family or Freya, atleast i hope, they wont because they need them to get to Evie, it will only make things more difficult if she finds out that he hurt the people she loves.

Jonah already discussed with her that after her shower we begin to help her understand her powers.

I hate how she cant have one normal day anymore, its her birthday and her family gets kidnapped, along with finding out that her best friend has actually been gone for the past four days.

Watching her cry earlier was one of the hardest things i have ever watched, like i felt the need to cry along side her.

Jonah, Jack, Gabbie and Tate explained how when your mate is in pain emotionally, its like you can feel it with them.

And with physical pain, if your mate is hurt, your feel a dull ach in the area they were hurt.

I keep trying to focus my hearing on something else but all i can hear is the shower water and Evie's sobs, my heart was breaking at the sound.

Daniel walked in with sad eyes and sat down next to me.

"She still cant stop crying..." i mumbled.

"I know, i can hear it..." Daniel responded and we remained silent for a few minutes until Jonah walked in.

"Jessie made a stupid decision" Jonah scoffed and sat down.

"Im pretty sure the point was to make Evie feel powerless, and she would do anything for family, he succeeded in that" i crossed my arms wondering how it was stupid, he had a clear point and got it.

"And now she can use that to her advantage" Jonah started "just like us, how we can use our anger to fuel our own power and give control, Jessie just gave her all the anger she needs and more, she may not seem angry now but trust me, she will be."

"So how do we start to help her learn?" Daniel asked.

"Small steps, Gabbie said she had Telekinesis so we can start with that and move our way up" Jonah replied.

I heard the shower water turn off and Evie sniffling and stood up and headed down to my room were she was in my bathroom.

Evie Pov
Deep breaths, just take deep breaths, calm down. I kept telling myself these things as i brushed my hair out after getting dressed.

Once i was done i went and opened up the door and jumped a bit as Corbyn stood there with his hand up like he was about to knock.

"Oh, hey Corbyn" i gave him a small wave as i wiped a stray tear from failing, took a deep breath and looked back up to Corbyn's pained eyes.

I didn't have time to react before he engulfed me in his warm embrace.

I stiffened a bit but wrapped my arms around his torso, clenching my fists in his sweatshirt.

"You don't have to cry alone" Corbyn whispered and ran his fingers through my hair and silent tears fell from my eyes onto Corbyn's sweatshirt.

"I hate crying infront of people" i whimpered "i feel so weak when i do."

"Crying doesn't make you weak" Corbyn said.

"Yes it does" i sniffled, not believing him.

"No it doesn't" Corbyn swayed us side to side "scientifically, crying removes toxins and helps to lower your stress levels. When you cry you release 'feel good' chemicals, easing both physical and emotional pain. Just crying to someone you trust about how you feel relieves stress so your not carrying it with you without a spotter, and if there's too much weight, you need that spotter to take some of it away...let me be your spotter."