Prompt #13

Beth's eyes scanned the busy New York streets as she desperately tried to find her way back to her hotel. Her meeting wasn't until 7 and she thought she would go sightseeing. Her lack of directions though have caused her current problem. She couldn't remember which way to go. She was glancing up at street signs and then back down at her phone. She huffed and looked up and down Times Square. Broadway was to her left, shops to her right. Taking a seat on the closest bench, she looked down at her phone to see a new text message from Derek.
'You lost? ;)'
Beth looked all around until she spotted him standing outside of Starbucks. Grinning, she stood up and ran to him, feeling his arms wrap around her.
"Hey there."
Beth smiled at him. "Hi. I completely forgot you were here. Don't take that personally. I've just been busy and I'm only here for two days but I decided to go look around and then I got lost and-"
"Bethany."
She stopped and looked up, "Sorry."
He smirked and looked over at Starbucks.
"Let me buy you a drink. We can talk for a bit."
She paused for maybe a half second and then nodded. "That sounds nice."

After getting their drinks the two sat down, completely oblivious to all the eyes that were on them.
"Wait, Obama actually said that to you?" Derek said, shock in his voice.
"Yes! I was so honored and just blown away."
"Look at you. Who would've thought that my Bethany would have interviewed the President."
Beth's cheeks instantly got red and Derek realized what he had said.
"Not that you're mine. I mean I just-"
"No it's okay."
He smiled and moved a piece of her hair behind her ear.
"I've missed you Beth."
"I've missed you, Derek."
Taking a deep breath, she frowned. "I have a meeting in 2 hours and I still have to find my hotel so I should probably get going." She stood up and threw her cup out.
"Beth?" He asked, throwing his cup out and leading her out the door.
"Yeah?"
"Why didn't you just ask a cab to take you there?"
Her jaw dropped. "Why didn't I think of that?!"
He chuckled and pulled her in for a hug. She took a deep breath again, this time holding on to his scent.
"Let me know the next time your in town, I'll take you out to dinner."
She smiled and nodded.
"Bye Derek."
"Bye Beth."
She hopped into the cab and waved at him before the driver drove off.
~~~~~
This was just babble but I wanted to post one of these for you! Hope you all enjoyed!
Also, go check out my new Motough series Earned It! First chapter is up :) feedback is greatly appreciated as always!!