TWENTY-SIX 」PERFIDY

"WHAT?" Tewkesbury's voice shook as he spoke, his eyes wild with a mixture of fear and anger. The young lord's disbelief was palpable, his disbelief in the contents of the letter and in the very person he had come to trust.

As he read the letter, his eyes grew wide, his hands shaking as they gripped the parchment. The words swam before his eyes, each one a dagger plunged into his heart. When he finished, he crumpled the letter in his hand, the sound of tearing paper echoing through the silent room.

"It must be a lie," he muttered, his voice low and raw. "Y/N wouldn't do this. Not for money. Not for anything." He looked up at the girl, searching her face for any signs of deception. But Y/N stood there, silent and still, a stone statue amidst the chaos.

Tewkesbury's heart felt heavy, his world collapsing around him. He had trusted this person, had let them into his life and into the lives of those he loved. And now, all that trust was shattered, replaced by a cold, bitter anger. He had to know the truth. She looked at him, breaking away from the forbidding character she bravely put on her face. Her eyes blinked, but not completely. They were fazed, knowing the answer to his question is not something that everyone wishes to hear. Her reddening cheeks and runny nose were the only response she provided along with the eerie silence.

"Right, Y/N?" Tewkesbury questioned, this time with his voice unyielding any sort of weakness. Just a strong sound that craves the truth. Guinevere was breathing hastily, her face red from the burning flame of anger. Enola's glare was a stinging sharp blade in her eyes and so was everybody else's.

Lord Theron shook his head and followed Barron. "I'll be needing some fresh air." He mumbled. Tewkesbury eventually gave up. The inkling disbelief in his eyes suddenly faded away as he took a step back from the girl.

Casius pursed his lips and walked away, grabbing Enola with him. "No, Casius."

"We can't trust her." He said, convincing the youngest Holmes. And, so, they left with troubles. Evelyn followed closely.

"Good job fucking up, Y/N." "Evie-" "Nah." Guinevere was next, but before she could ever get away, she said something crystal clear to Y/N. Something she could never forget.

"They were right. Someone so close is the one behind the trigger, yeah?"

Allistair then took hold of the young boy, who was in Y/N's arms, and retreated with a menacing look, "We can't risk any further influence on him. The last thing we need is for someone to lead him astray and cause him to betray others." Lord Leucrion pressed his lips together in a tight line, his eyes diverted elsewhere, "Young Y/N, I have much to say, but I believe it is best that I remain silent. Despite your disregard for others, I still value your capacity to empathise. Now, if you'll excuse me."