𝕿𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊

"All right, coast looks clear." Ellie said as we all entered a 'clear space.' "Yeah, I think we're good." Dina agreed. "All right... check this out." Ellie handed Dina the picture and letter, that we found earlier. I walked over to the two as Dina let out a whistle from the picture. "She's one of them." Ellie said as she dug through her bag. "Well, fuck her then." 

"Read the letter." Ellie took out the map as we listened to Dina. "Jordan, Issac's got us posted up on a two week at the TV station. Scars spotted in the area. Here's something to hold you over. Leah."

Ellie placed the map on the table and pointed at the TV station. "You think she's still there?" 

"We gotta find out, right?" I said looking between the two. "So, it's by al these tall buildings." Dina turned to the city. "That way." She lightly smacked Ellie's arm to get her attention. "Okay. Let's go get Leah." Ellie packed everything up as Dina walked off. I waited for Ellie to walk off a bit before letting out a quiet groan as I placed my hand over my bandaged eye. "Fuck." I whispered before heading off as well.

_____________

"Ellie!" Dina and I yelled as the train we were going through moved down and making Ellie fall to the level below us. "We're coming Ellie!" I shouted as I went ahead and slid down to see an infected on top of Ellie. I ran at it and tackled it to the ground as Dina ran up and shot it. "Ellie your mask!" Dina said as she looked at the girl who put her hand on the mask. "Here, we can share mine." My eyes widened and I rushed over to Dina.

"No!" Ellie and I both yelled as we each grabbed one of Dina's hands. "Don't take this off!" 

"Dina, stop!" Ellie yelled and took of her mask causing Dina to somehow gain some more strength and push back. I let go of her hand as I tripped on some of the cement pieces that was laying around. "What? No! Ellie, no!" 

"Stop! I'm not infected!" Ellie's voice rang out again as I stood up from the ground. "I'm immune. I'm not coughing, do you see? Fuck. Dina?" Just as she was starting to understand what was happening infected were making their way to us. "Shit." 

"Can you run?" I asked as I pulled out my gun just in case. "Yeah. Yes." 

"Let's fucking go. Go!" Ellie pushed Dina forward and we started running. We ran up the stairs, getting caught by a few infected but we made it through and over a fence. However, that didn't stop them as more came at us. But then we made it out of the station. "What do you say we rest up in that theater?" I asked as I pointed at it. "That sounds so fucking good." Dina said as Ellie helped her walk up to it. 

As the girls stood back I used my shoulder to push the door open. I walked in and looked around to make sure there was nothing that could potentially hurt us. "All right, we're good." I said and the girls walked in. I grabbed a chair and put that on the door to keep anyone from getting in. "You want to tell me what's going on with you?" Ellie asked Dina who was sitting on a couch. 

I turned towards the two not sure if I wanted to be here in their potential fight that could happen. "What's going on with me?" Dina looked up at Ellie. "Ellie... I just saw you breathe spores." 

"I told you." Wait, she told her? "I'm immune"

"Okay, you're immune? Come on." I looked down. "I was bitten a long time ago..." Ellie started. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I was bitten and nothing happened." It was silent for a while. "The chemical burn..." 

"Maria and Tommy... (Y/n) and Joel are the only ones who know... Knew... Now you know. I can't... get you infected, if that's what you're worried about." Ellie let out a sigh. "I can't make you immune either." I looked back up after she said that and immediately felt guilty rise up in me but I finally spoke up since there was some silence. "I'm gonna... yeah." And I was off to do whatever it is I could. 

I made my way upstairs and into a room that had a radio in it. "Maybe this place has some power." I looked around and saw a cord running out of the room and out a window. "Okay." I made my way outside the window onto the fire escape and up the ladder on the side of the building. There on the roof was a generator. I got that started and went back inside to find Ellie already messing with the radio.

"Well, you two done with your chit chat?" I said walking up to her. "Shut up." She sounded irritated. "Woah, okay." I put my hands up. "What's wrong?" I asked genuinely curious. "Dina's fucking pregnant." I paused for a second as Ellie smacked the radio to find a key. "What's this?" She asked as she grabbed the key. "It's a key, Ellie." I said with a smirk, trying to lighten her mood. She only scoffed at me but there was a small smile on her face causing me to smile. 

The two of us made our way back downstairs and tried the key on a door that was locked. It lead us to a room that was filled with seats. "Wow." I said as we walked down one of the aisles. "Joel... You'd love watching a movie in this place." I smiled at Ellie's words. "He probably did... with Sarah." 

She gave a small chuckle and we walked up onto the stage and to the back. "Hmm, spooky." Ellie stated as we found props and mannequins. "No way." She said spotting something and making her way over to it. Ellie opened the guitar case and ran her fingers along the neck of it. "You still know how to play?" I questioned as the guitar was lifted from the case. "That's an easy question for me to answer. The real question is, do you?" 

I scoffed as we walked back over to the chairs. "Why wouldn't I?" 

"Okay," Ellie sat down. "Play something for me." 

"I will but after you prove your words." She gave me a smile and cleaned the dust off the guitar before getting ready to play something. I took this chance to sit down next to her. She tuned it a bit before beginning to play and it just so happened to be the one song Joel sang for us. Ellie even started singing a bit and I watched in awe and slight sadness. 

When she was done she let out a sigh and rested her chin on the guitar. "I don't think I can beat that." Ellie let out a small chuckle before handing me the guitar. I took a deep breath before starting. (I suggest The Guardian by Shawn James)

When I was done playing I looked back up at Ellie to see that she was asleep. She looked so peaceful. Almost like she hasn't been through anything she has been through. I placed the guitar down and removed my jacket. I laid my jacket over her and leaned back in my seat. I closed my eyes but then felt Ellie lean on my shoulder. "You beat me."