Carmen Sandiego Pt. 1

Julia P.O.V.

"Every day you rant on about artifacts Egypt,Beijing, blah blah blah When will it ever be useful against Le Femme Rouge?!" Agent Devinoux is at it again. Downgrading my interests that Chief says improve my work. It's an understatement to say it bothers me. I've only been working with him for 16 months and he has persistently tried downgrading mental health for the worse. He shows no concern for my well-being only Carmen.

"I'll have you know Devineanoux they help us pinpoint where Carmen will be next!"

"Whatever I'll be heading home. Goodnight Miss Argent"

"Goodnight" I sighed grabbing my things and making my through A.C.M.E.'s corridors. Walking outside I noticed a subtle movement in the shadows. Like someone was watching me and thought I'd notice. They hadn't entirely ran away which means they have a motive to stick around. I didn't dare encounter them without knowing who they are or their motive. Turning the corner towards the parking lot I ran into a familiar face.

"Hey Jules" Carmen stood in front of me. She was wearing her trademark color red, now on a hoodie.

"Ms.Sandiego!" Carmen covered my mouth before wrapping her arm around my waist pulling me close to her. "What are you-?!"

"Shhh, Hang on tight." She removed her hand from my mouth shooting a line from a contraption on her wrist pulling us off the ground.  I grabbed onto Carmen looking down. Two Men emerged from the shadows in janitor outfits. They look annoyed. We landed on a building towering over the city. "Never gets old does it?" I nodded as Carmen let go.

"Those men...who were they?"

"V.I.L.E. Operatives sent to kidnap you for questioning." Carmen sighed disappointed as I let go from her. "Don't worry I won't let them touch you. Especially since I know what they're willing to do"

"Thank you."

"Don't worry about it Jules, it's my pleasure" Carmen watched the two men walk away into the shadows. "For your safety I think it's better if you come with me..." Carmen grabbed my hand pulling us to the edge of the building.

"H-hang on tight?" Carmen nodded grabbing me by my waist again before walking off the building releasing a hang glider. "P-probably should've mentioned I'm a bit afraid of heights!" I couldn't help but hold on tighter consequentially I buried my face Into Carmen's chest.

"Zack, Ivy ready for pickup?" Muffled voices came from an earpiece Carmen's wearing. "Oh and I'm bringing a plus one" One of the voices suddenly became louder and understandable

"Hey Carm can you get us food after this?"

"Zack, I don't have time for that tonight. Besides we still have plenty leftover from last night." A disappointed groan pulled through the silence, as much of a silence it could be anyway. The combined sound of traffic, the bustling of the city, and my heartbeat all added to the sound of the moment. Carmen dropped us safely outside of the city. In front of a white van, I was hesitant getting in it at first until I saw who was inside. Two people were inside the car an annoyed girl with short hair opened the car door, along with what I'm assuming is her brother based on they're similar features.

"Sup! I'm Ivy." The girl stretched her arm out to me helping me inside. Carmen grinned at Ivy's welcoming nature. "And the hungry fool over there is Zack, my lil bro."

"Why did we get stationed in the part of the city WHERE NO RESTAURANT IS OPEN!"

"Chill Zack attack, we'll eat when we get back" Ivy chuckled sitting next to Zack. I sat on the bench parallel to theirs, Carmen sitting next to me.