3

When I woke up, I immediately opened my eyes, I didn't keep them closed for whatever reason, but when I did, I found my hand on kiibos pillow.
I miss last night, I miss seeing kiibos face relaxed and peaceful.
I clenched his pillow before I got up.
His pillow isn't warm, he's been up for a while.
"Oh hey Taro!"
"Ah! Keebs!"
I turned my head almost fast enough to crack it, or is that not how you crack your neck?
"Don't hurt yourself!"
Kiibo ran over to me and touched my neck, I pulled his hand off of my neck and sat it on his bed.
"Good morning lovely."
Kiibo blushed and looked away from me.
"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to umm, flirt, or whatever."
I got up and let go of kiibos hand.
"So what have you been up to?"
"Umm, I made pancakes!"
"Really? Can I have some?"
"No!"
"Oh, that's rude, keebs."
"I'm joking! Of course you can! Now get dressed and come down stairs for pancakes!!"

Kiibo gave me pancakes with syrup, butter, and sprinkles? Unusual but he's a robot, I can't judge him.
"Do you like tasting things, Kiibo?"
"Yes! Makes me feel more normal!"
"What's your favorite food?"
Kiibo went deep in thought, he looks adorable right now, I rested my face on my palm and smiled to myself and waited for him to be done thinking.
"I really like the sweet things! I really like cookies, but brownies are better and easier to make!"
I smiled and realized I need to take a shower.
"Hey is it okay if I use your shower?"
"Sure! I don't use it so it's gonna be squeaky clean!"
Why does he even have a shower? I guess they didn't build this house.

I took a shower, I'm not going into detail about my showers.
Once I got dressed up I checked my phone,
10:46
Oh I should be going.

"Hey keebs, I'm gonna be going now!"
I was putting my clothes in my backpack when I got hugged from behind.
Warm hands touched my shirt, I could feel it through my sweater and t shirt.
"Aww okayyy.."
I covered my mouth to hide I was blushing,
I shut my eyes, do you like me the same way I like you, keebs?
He let go and sat my charger in my backpack.
"Almost forgot this, Taro!"
"Heh heh, thanks."
I threw my bag over my shoulder and texted the girl I'm coming over.
'Alr I'm coming over, or is it a bad time?'
'No it's good, here's my address'
'Btw what's ur name? I forgot'
'Sayaka!'
"Oh keebs, it was a girl with blue hair, it was Sayaka."
"Oo! She's nice!"
"Heh heh."
She's nice, I guess.
"Alright bye Kiibo!"
I opened my hands and walked to Kiibo to hug him, but he ran into me, but he clutched my back.
I patted his back with my hand, and set my arm around him.
My eyes closed, I feel warm and tingly again
I slowly rested my chin on his forehead, and swayed.
Does he like me the way I like him?
He's peaceful right now, I wanna stay in this moment forever, I hesitated but I slowly looked down more, and kissed his forehead.
This can't be real, this has to be a dream, he's probably cringing at me right now.
I rested my cheek on his head again, and kept on swaying with him, I think I fell asleep for a little bit from how peaceful me and Kiibo was.

Kiibo slowly let go of my back, and I realized happy time is over, so I stopped swaying and let go too.
We stood there for a little bit, before I eventually said something.
"So um, I'm gonna go see Sayaka , wish me luck!"
"I hope your project goes well!"
"Thank you, keebs!"
I walked out of his room, out of his house, I went into my car, and drove out of his driveway, out of his street, out of his neighborhood, and went into Sayakas.

Sayakas house looks neat, I parked in her driveway and knocked on her door, while waiting I took out my notebook for that class.
"Oh hey Rantaro!"
I quickly looked up as a Sayaka in comfortable clothing looked at me, smiling.
"Oh um, hi Sayaka."
"Hee hee, come right in!"
Sayaka calmed her hand onto the side of the doorframe then moved aside before I came in.
I walked in and took off my shoes and sat them next to her families shoe rack.
"You know routine already, rantaro! you belong here!"
I looked at her with this confused look before I went back up to normal posture.
She ignored my reaction and walked over to her stairs.
"My bedrooms up here!"
I followed her to her bedroom and sat on her desk chair, and grabbed a pencil.
She grabbed her notebook from her backpack and sat down on her bed, she was playing Lofi music in the background, she doesn't have bad taste, but I don't listen to Lofi music in my past time so...
"Does the music distract you?"
"No I was just thinking about how you have a good taste in music."
"I do make music after all, so I'm bound to have good taste."
"Yeah sorry haha"
I opened my notebook to the page my class was last on and asked Sayaka what she needed help with.
"I don't really get fancy words, this is kinda embarrassing because I do write lyrics, but you know, lyrics are usually with simple words."
"What's a word you struggle with?"
"I don't know, just go to that one Robert Frost poem we read on Friday or thursday."
"Doesn't he use simple words though?"
"I just don't understand what the poems about."
"Well do you have it?"
"Yes it's right here!"

Sayaka passed me a paper with not a single fold or rip on it, with annotations in blue pretty ink all around the paper.
It's weird how nice it is, she just slipped it out of her backpack like nothing with no mess ups on it.

"Your handwriting is so neat"
"Thank you!"
I reread Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost, trying to look sophisticated.
"Oh I think it's about the main character or protag or whatever wanting to stay at something that is calm instead of moving, going to the tough things, but knowing they should move, but it's too hard to."
"Oh I get that feeling."
"Do you?"
I held down the paper and looked at Sayaka, who was looking down.
"It's like when you have a crush on someone, and it's bliss to have a crush on them, and you rather have to move on, which is hard, or tell them you like them, which is also extremely hard to do."
I smiled and looked back at the paper, denial.
"Or when you're sad, and you realize the way you're living is bad and you're all gross, but it's hard to stop, because it's comfortable being sad."
I nodded subtly.

"So we did it! Yayyy!"
Fastest study session ever.
Sayaka grabbed the paper from my hands, nicely though, and put it back in her backpack.
Wait, didnt Kiibo say you like me?
Should I ask her if she likes me?
Or would that be awkward?
I realized I was staring at Sayaka, then looked away, grabbing my notebook and getting ready to get up.

"You look troubled, Rantaro. Are you okay?"
"Do you like me?"
eh whatever she probably doesn't.
I stood up, holding my notebook in my left hand, and looked at Sayaka, she was nervous.
Does she like me?
"Umm- I-"
She stood up and nudged open her door.
"It was nice having you over! But I have to go to the mall with my friends, so please get going!"
"Oh, alright, bye Sayaka!"
"Bye Rantaro!"

I closed my car door and FaceTimed keebs, I am dying to talk to someone right now.
He picked up almost immediately, good to know someone likes to see me.
"Where are you going?"
"Home."
"But you left my house like an hour ago!"
"I went to that girls house"
"Oh what happened?"
"Nothing much, I asked her if she liked me and she didn't answer"
"Oh okay, wanna play something when we get home?"
"What day is it?"
"Saturday!"
"Oh then sure, what game?"
"Ummmmm, chess?"
"If you teach me how to play it, sure."
"Alright don't be on your phone while driving, Rantaro!"
"Thanks keebs, but I used Siri, don't worry."
"Alright, but you're still distracted! Bye!"
Before I could say bye, he hung up.
I'm surprised he didn't tell me some statistic he found online.

I pulled into my driveway and rushed to get inside, I just wanna sit on my bed on my phone all day again, im so tired of going everywhere. But Keebs is waiting for me, and I'm waiting for him, too.
I would do anything to go to his house again, but if I ask to hang out again, that'd be weird.
I hope he doesn't just pity me,
'are you home yet?'
he messaged me first, he probably doesn't hate me that much then.