haircut · sasha braus

categories: canonverse, fluff, any gender reader

warnings: none

note: i was supposed to publish a sasha hunger games au but i'm too busy with school atm. it has two parts that will be published in this book, so watch out for it! for now, have this sasha one shot 😩

»»——¤——««

Sasha is a big sister to a lot of children. They know her as the girl with an eccentric personality and ravenous stomach, know her well-kept appearance of reddish brown hair and light gold eyes too well. She's always been the same; just one glance is enough to tell her apart in a buzzing crowd of civilians.

But Sasha grows, and as she does, she finds the desire to trim a couple inches of her hair and change her appearance that is familiar to many. After all, nothing in this world is permanent. Humans live and grow. The essence of sparkling joy Sasha Braus will forever remain despite bits of it being grounded in her looks, so her current hairstyle? It can go.

As a result, she goes to you for help, running across the Braus farmlands as the sun is setting. Her silky hair is tied in the usual tail and it bounces ever so slightly on her shoulders with every gallop she takes. Even from less than a mile away, you can already tell her lively presence, your euphoria on desolate days, inching nearer and closer to you until at long last, she's by your side.

"(Y/N)!" she squeals as she grabs your arm and childishly tugs the sleeve of your sweaty cardigan. You first cringe at the uncomfortable sensation of her fingertips pressed on the clothing, but get over it pretty quickly. You drop the pail of feed in one hand and look at her surprised.

"Yes Sasha?" you ask.

"Cut my hair for me," she says with zero hesitation like she's ready to chop her ends right here, right now. Her eyes glint with gold and you're instantly hooked. Mesmerized.

"You want me to cut your hair?"

"Yes!" she exclaims, twirling some strands around her finger. "Mikasa cut hers last week and she looks good with it, so why can't I? I need your help!"

You hesitate. Sasha has asked you to do a bunch of favors in the past that you willingly said yes to, but your response to this one isn't as promising. You always go to Karanese to get your hair done, and no one ever taught you how to groom yourself growing up, so you have no clue in your course of action. You are clueless. Inexperienced, if you may.

"I would love to, but I don't know how," you say.

The girl stops twirling her locks. She makes a face.

"Then how did you get your hair to look nice?" she asks. You do have good hair. It's one of the many things you're confident about in terms of your appearance. Whenever Sasha watches you from afar during training, she will always notice the way your locks stay intact and healthy despite the rough conditions. "Did you get it done?"

"In Karanese," you say hotly. "We can get your hair done there on our day off, if you want us to?"

She shakes her head. "No, I want you . . . l-like, I want you to, um, cut my hair for me. Just you. Please?"

You think about it. You can try, but Sasha looks like she has high standards in this thing which makes you abnormally nervous. But then again it's her, the girl you (kind of) have your eyes on, and you don't want to sadden her by declining a favor that has a fifty-fifty chance of you messing up or slaying it like a professional. You are here to impress, so in the end, you nod in approval at her offer.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

She tells you to meet her at the Braus residence some time before dinner, and with a twirl of her locks, goes back to the barn to prepare the animals for the night. You bend down to pick up the pail and resume your duties, tiredly walking over to the pigsty and carefully filling up their feeding compartment with swill.