lie · eren yeager

categories: canonverse, fluff, female reader (old work)

warnings: none

note: happy birthday eren! i'll forget about the genocide just this once and give you a kiss 😫😩 also i apologize if the gif isn't working. my wifi connection and wattpad are very shitty teammates

»»——¤——««

The lie only came out once Moblit and Hange started pestering you: "Fine! I like Eren, okay?" but the only reason why you said that was because it was the only way to get the both of them to shut up. Now you sit in the veterans' table in the dining hall, in between Erwin and Levi to act as your peacemakers, with your head down on the plate as you grumpily eat your anger away.

"What's up with (Y/N)?" You hear Nanaba ask Mike who sits beside her, but he merely shrugs. He doesn't know what happened, but he does know that Hange is involved in one way or another. No one can get you that grumpy besides them.

Nanaba looks back at you and pushes her plate to the side. Like the usual short-tempered person you are, she knows not to have any possible weapons near you. Well, except for the fork you're holding. She doesn't know how to get rid of that.

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

No reply. You stay disturbingly quiet and Nanaba frowns. She tilts her head to the side. Guess not.

"Why don't we check on Sawney and Bean? I heard no one's been looking after them lately," she muses as a poor attempt to get you to talk, but still, not a single reply comes. The only responses she gains are Mike's scoffing and Levi's eyebrow arching. Erwin coughs.

"Sawney and Bean died three days ago."

All color drains on Nanaba's face upon realization. No wonder why you didn't say anything. She forgot all about it.

"Oh. Well, we can always capture new ones! Right, Erwin—?"

"Gooood morning!"

As if on cue, Hange bursts in the dining hall as they greet the whole cafeteria in singsong. Moblit trails behind them with a smirk, arms crossed over his chest as he searches for you among the sea of confused faces. However, you keep your head hanging low as you take bigger and angrier bites of the loaves on your plate.

The sight of you takes the smirk off Moblit's face. He knows you're pissed, and he hates how you're going to be even more pissed once you find out what he and Hange are about to do. But Hange is unstoppable at this point. As your beloved (but not so beloved) roommate, he might end up sleeping in the corridors after this.

"Everyone, I have an announcement," Hange starts with a clear of their throat and everyone shifts their attention to them. Even Levi takes the bait and decides to check out what shit they're about to pull.

As Hange slowly steps on a stool, you shut your eyes close and prepare for the worst. You silently hope that your hunch isn't about to come true, else you'll be screaming your way out of this damn cafeteria in no time.

"(Y/N) has a crush on Eren!"

"Fuck you!"

An uproar breaks out and the whole regiment practically loses their shit. The surrounding soldiers near Eren come congratulating him as pairs of eyes land on you. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Hange dismounting the stool they were standing on and come running toward Eren to keep the turmoil going.

Keeping your head down on the table for twenty minutes long sure is annoying. You currently have a stiff neck that pains like needles, plus the headache slash to-be-migraine that now continues to grow in your head due to Hange and Moblit's fuckery.