New year, Same us

It has been a couple of months, a new year and all sorts of things have been happening. My sister and I; since we couldn't get many gifts for Christmas, bought our parents gifts. It was hard buying gifts for my mom because she was on a diet so she couldn't eat a lot of things(mom likes gifts that she can eat or drink). My sister and I each bought a gift card for her and one together for Dad and we put together money so they can get other things like champagne, desserts, food etc. We made breakfast and finished decorating the dining room for dinner and set the table.

Old years night wasn't that great. Our family enjoy going to church to celebrate as our tradition but unfortunately, we had to celebrate it at home. We prayed, then we went outside to see fireworks. The new year breeze was amazing. I took my spying glass and looked up at the stars, I looked at the ocean and the waves were quite harsh. I could have heard it all from where we standing; It was roaring. My dad came back from the church and he greeted us. We drank some champagne and made a toast. A few minutes later we went to bed.

I started the new year by posting a poem on my status along with a prayer as usual and decided not to post anything again for as long as possible. Then I started reading different genre of books and continue writing my novel. I have a very vague memory of what occurred for the rest of that time besides me visiting my grandma and my aunts and helping take care of my baby cousins. I spent a lot of money in my grandma's shop; money which I wanted to save for school and spent most of my days in bed.

My school reopened for online classes which I'm still not a big fan off, but I have no choice. I became even more anti-social and stress subdued me. The only things that took my mind of things were books and music. I went to bed late every night, woke up early and tried but failed to seize my day. I went to church every Sunday late and the more I tried to get back to my old self the harder it was for me. I was telling my self that I was weak and if I break a tear that'll not be able to get back up but every time, I failed.

Friends were a different conversation because they didn't know the full story and so they weren't updated at all. One of them even pretended they saw the news from my book but realised they never read it. Every day, we became more distant, more oblivious of each other's feelings. I am not an 'assumer' so I didn't really assume much but I just went back to being my loner self; I felt at ease doing so. I looked after my cousins (the babies) cause the older ones cause more stress for me. 

few weeks before school reopened and one of my friends confronted me on our group chat saying 'hi' and asked 'how I was doing' I played it off cool as usual but I was really happy she checked up on me. We talked about our differences and we then made up. I forgave her and she forgave me as well. Then she added a past elementary schoolfriend; who lives in the Americas now to the group and we played Roblox until I thought it was time to go. The reunion meant everything to me and I cherished everything said and done.  

A/N~ just wanted to update on how the year started so far any major things will be documented.🥰😘❤