Epilogue

I'm on the platform, hopping nervously from one foot to the other. It looks stupid, but I don't care. Isla is probably laughing at me from a distance, or she's kissing Bram, that's also possible. I don't see them, because my eyes are fixed on a spot in the distance where not a train is yet in sight. Spring break has just begun and as promised, Sorley can arrive at any moment. He'll stay for a week and then go on to Ireland, where his grandma will also arrive with all the belongings that move with them to their new home. No matter how much I want to go with them, I have to stay here and make sure my grades stay as high as they are for the last remaining months.

We are both entered at a college in Cork. The first year is already paid for, thanks to my parents, who miraculously, wanted to make a donation for my future. After they recovered from the shock. I think my mother is just so relieved that she can finally sell and leave the place where she's been so unhappy.

This vacation we'll spend with my dad, who will come to pick us up in the morning, that's why Bram is driving today.

Is that something yellow in the distance? My neck creaks when I try to stretch it beyond what is humanly possible. Yes, that's the train. It's here.

"It's coming!" I yell over my shoulder, at which Isla begins to sing a familiar song at her loudest. Oh well, it could have been worse.

With a wide smile I wait impatiently until the train inches closer and eventually comes to a halt incredibly slow, right in front of me. Everybody wants to grab a seat in the crowded train, however, first the train needs to empty. People, move aside!

I'm not so tall, but I even I can see he's not in front of the door. Should I walk passed the coupés? Or keep standing here? Jostling around me, makes my hair stand on edge, until I hear Isla screaming behind me. I turn around and see her pointing to my right. Biting my lip, I let my eyes wander over the heads of the crowd until I see a tuft of black hair. My eyebrows rise and I'm about to jump, but then I see it's not him. I look back at Isla and lift my shoulders. However Isla is still pointing enthusiastically in the same direction and so I look again.

Beyond the boy with the black hair, that's not him, beyond the man with the big, black bag, beyond – there. He sees I've found him and raises his hand, while he paves a way between the now boarding passengers. We should have picked a less occupied moment, that way I could have run to him and flown into his arms, just like in the movies.

My irritation evaporates quickly and as swiftly as possible, I worm myself between the thinning crowd. At two meters distance, with no one standing in our way any more, he drops the bag from his shoulder and then I'm in his arms.

Even though I've talked to him about every day, even though I've felt his arms around me every time we saw each other inside a book and even though I've just seen him yesterday, I've missed him terribly.

"Oh, there's nothing like the real world", I sigh, right before his lips find mine.

---

We're home alone when Bram and Isla drop us off at my place. I ignore Isla's wiggling eyebrows and pull Sorley inside. The guest bedroom is prepared for one night. Tomorrow, my dad picks us up after lunch.

"Are you hungry? Or do you want to sleep first? How did time work again, flying here?"

Sorley smiles and puts an arm around my waist while he lowers his bag on the bed. "I'd like something to drink, but for the rest I'm good. I've slept along the way, so I can manage for now."

I pick up two glasses with juice from the kitchen and Sorley follows me into the living room, where we take a seat on the couch. Close together. He has something in his hand. It's wrapped, but it's in the shape of a book. Curious I look from the package to his eyes and laughing he hands it over.