Chapter 11

The next day, Naina and Preeti were heading towards college gate, then Sameer passed by them on his bike with Munna. He saw Naina and Preeti and passed them a smile. But Naina did not react to this, and walked straight towards the gate without looking at him. He was surprised to see her reaction and thought, something is wrong, but what. He said Munna to park the bike in the parking and he ran behind them. Munna was surprised to see his hurry.

On the other hand, Naina and Preeti enter the college and Preeti says something to Naina.

Preeti - Naina mai aaj lunch time me red rose nahi aa paungi, mujhe kuch kam hai... aur aaj Swati bhi nahi aayi,... par tu promise kar, tu lunch skip nahi karegi, aaj subah breakfast bhi tune achchhe se nahi kiya tha... tu kuch jaroor kha lena... aur pure din sad mat rahna samajhi... ab ek pyari si smile de.. she said with sweet smile.

Naina nodded her head in yes and gave her a tight smile. Then both of them went to their class.

At the same time Sameer entered the college, but he did not see Naina anywhere. He again ran towards her classroom and saw her entering the class. He shouted her name but she did not hear his voice and went inside the classroom. Then he thought, he would meet her in lunch break. He was worried for her strange behavior today.

At the lunch time, Naina was sitting in the library and her eyes were on a book, which was kept on the table in front of her. After some time Sameer was passing through the corridors and accidentally his eye fell on Naina. He was amazed to see her in the library at this time. He was curious to find out why she was here and behaved strangely today. So he stepped towards her. He reached her place and found her lost somewhere.

Sameer - Naina .... he called her name in a soft voice.

But she did not respond, he took her name again, but this time a little louder, and she came back from her world. She looked at him with a strange face, as if she hadn't expected him to be here.

Sameer - Naina tum yanha kya kar rahi ho...wo bhi lunch hour me... he asked gently.

Naina - library me log study karne aate hai ...to mai bhi vahi kar rahi hu... she said in a rude tone.

Sameer - achchha, tum padh rahi ho... to phir ye kya hai... he said, pointing to her book.

Naina - matlab... and she looked at the book and realized her folly.

Sameer - matlab to ab tum bataogi Naina... tum book ulti rakh ke kya padh rahi thi.... he asked politely.

Naina - shayad galti se book ulta ho gaya hoga...she said in a nervous voice and corrected the book with trembling hands.

Seeing her nervous, he felt that something definitely went wrong with her. He pulled a chair near her and sat down beside her. For the first time he was sitting near her in this way, this proximity gave her various sensation to her body and her breath stopped for a while.

Sameer - Naina koi problem hai kya... project ya phir study me... tum batao mai apni taraf se pura try karuga ki tumhari problem solve kar saku... he asked concernly.

Naina - nahi koi problem nahi hai, wo Swati aaj college nahi aayi aur Preeti ko college ka saman lena tha to market gayi hai... ghar jane ke baad taiji jane nahi deti... to mai library me aa gayi...she said trying to hiding her pain.

Sameer was not convinced with her excuse and thought in his mind that he would know the reasons behind this dull face. He had some idea, as he remembered her previous day talking that was about her family.

Sameer - Naina...mujhe lagta hai tum ab bhi mujhe dil se friend nahi manti ho... and he make his face sullen.

Naina - Sameer aap aisa kyo kah rahe hai...
looking at him, she said in scared voice as she felt that her words had hurt him.