Before The Dawn

[ Mood : Blue And Grey By BTS ]

Jungkook is simply laying on his side on the living room couch. One hand tucked under his head while other caresses his big belly. His empty gaze wanders around the big space, never stopping at one. Because he might break down, as each things hold a special memory for him, which somewhere locked away in his mind. Too scared and too broken to revisit.

What felt like home now feels like stranger's house.

Each minute felt like hours as he waited for it finish. Sometimes counting on his own, sometimes simply unmoving. There's heaviness in his heart, in his bones. He wants to move but he can't. He tries to close his eyes to get some sleep but he can't. He want to block out the noises but he can't. So he just lays there. Baring the pain. Just waiting for him to be done.

With a click, the bedroom door opens, and lingering scent of pine and jasmine combined with smell of sex attacked his senses. As if mocking him. Taunting him that the father of his child slept with another omega. But he didn't buzz, pretended to be asleep as he swiftly squeezed his eyes shut. Trying to even his breathing.

The said Alpha who was now flushed red, covered in sweat, glowing after intense sex came out along with the omega in similar state. Last bit remnants of his rut was wearing off.
Its not a first time they spend their heat or rut cycle together and its definitely not gonna be last.

Maybe soon they will get married and mated but before that Jungkook will be out this house.

He never blamed Jimin, the Alpha was raised to be so kind and warm hearted. Having heart big enough to fit love for everyone.

He remembers that day as clear as today, when he had showed on Jimin's footstep, soaked to the bone and crying helplessly. It wasn't a pleasant memory for him. Having no roof on his head, barely few notes of money in his hands and 2 weeks pregnant.
Jimin had accepted him with open arms without any hesitation. Had given him a shelter, food and warmth of a friend till he was able to stand on his own foot and start working. They became roommates, very close friends in few months. Jimin had only asked once who was the father and he had lied, saying it was from a one night stand with another man and a accident.

Because Jimin didn't even remember the night they had spend together.

The Alpha never judged him, always very understanding and caring and it was impossible for the omega to not fall for Jimin.

He was Immediately on his side rubbing his back gently when the omega used to spill his guts out, or always taking care of all his cravings even when it was 3 in morning. Handling his mood swings as if he had mastered the game of patience. They are one of his pleasant memories.

While he was developing romantic feelings for the man, the said Alpha always came home smelling like an another omega, sometimes smelling of sex so intensely that Jungkook used to get nauseous. Jimin uttering strings of apologizes even when he wasn't at fault.

Jungkook is not gonna lie and say it did not affect him emotionally. It did, worse than he thought but he held himself back. All the feelings he was brewing was only for himself.
He wasn't about to ruin his friendship with the Alpha who was always there to take care of him. Even when he wasn't obligated to.

And Jimin coming home everyday smelling like another omega, glowing with happiness was a clear indication he did not reciprocate his feelings in anyway either.

Jungkook would rather have unrequited feelings for Jimin then regret.

"Thank you so much for helping me out these last days." Jimin supplied to the omega with a genuine smile, scratching his neck shyly at her when she beamed back.
"Oh stop saying like it was first time we are helping each other out. And it was my pleasure that i got to help you at your such vulnerable moment, just like you do for me. So NO thanks and NO sorry." She said sternly, immediately hugging the Alpha with grin who reciprocated the hug back. They separated from the hug after what felt like hours. Sharing shy gazes with each other, giggling like young teenagers in love.  Yoona tiptoed, pecked Jimin's plush lips quickly, leaving him scarlet red.
She gave one last of farewell before Jimin escorted her out of the house with a hand on her back like a sweet gentleman he was.

And all through the time, Jungkook's heart only squeezed painfully. A single tear falling from his eyes as he tried to be as quiet as he can.

The omega was little startled when he felt breathe on his nape, raising goosebumps on his body, he stilled.

"You slept.....-I am so sorry." Jimin whispered apologetically before sliding his arms around his back and hips, picking him in a bridal style gently, trying his best to not wake him up. Moving from living room to his own bedroom and laid him on his large but comfy bed.
Giving one gentle kiss on his forehead and one his bump, before he was out of the room.

Living the omega to cry in agony.

He can't bear the pain anymore. Seeing love of his life falling for someone else. He thought he would be okay, so he decided selfishly to stay with Jimin while he can. Maybe, maybe just someday he would return his feelings back but it is never gonna happen. Thats why he had decided

He is going to be out of this house tommorrow, before the dawn. And it will be too late until Jimin will realize his absence.

Notes:

Thank you so much for reading this!!