Grade Skipping

"That's what every creep says," Donghyuck blurts out and immediately curses when Jaemin elbows him, causing him to lose his game. "Alright, alright, show me this incredibly cute boy who's caught your heartstrings."

"He hasn't caught my heartstrings, what the hell," Jaemin hits Donghyuck again and reaches for his phone. "I'm not gay, I'm just saying he's cute."

"Hey dude, we won't judge you," Jeno says, holding his hands up to defend himself when Jaemin's attack turns to him instead. By the time Jaemin pulls up his conversation with Mark, the door to their classroom opens with a slam. There stands a red-faced Mark.

"I wasn't uh, meant to slam the door open, sorry," Mark's apologies become quieter and quieter as more eyes fall upon him.

"Is that your cute tutor?" Donghyuck asks and twists his head to get a better look. "Well, he sure is adorable."

A hit to the head from Renjun causes Donghyuck to backtrack. "I mean, he's not that- he's not you- he-" Renjun stops him halfways and tells him he was only messing around with him, but Jaemin can tell by the way Renjun stroked Donghyuck head that it wasn't a joke.

"Jaemin!" Mark looks happy, more like relieved, to see Jaemin. "I got the keys to my class, so after school, you can just come up there when you want."

Jaemin hums in agreement and then holds his phone up. "You know you could've just messaged me, right?" The look on Mark's face makes Jaemin regret saying the words. "But this was better!" Jaemin is quick to follow up. "Thanks for telling me personally, otherwise I probably would've missed the text since I don't use my phone much."

Mark's face lightens up and he smiles at Jaemin. "No problem! Don't forget to come up after school, okay?"

"Okay, okay!" Jaemin smiles back and waves at Mark until he leaves.

"Well then, Mr I-am-not-gay-but-totally-just-lost-my-heart-to-that-guy, how you holding up?" Donghyuck snickers and this time it's Jeno who hits him on the head.

-

"Do you have to sit this close?" Mark asks when their legs brush against each other for the tenth time in just the last two minutes. Jaemin looks up from where he was pretending to read and tilts his head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Jaemin counters and leans closer with a pout. "You don't like sitting next to me?"

"That's not it!" Mark shrinks in on himself and spins his pen on his hand. "It's just, there's a seat next to me so why are you sitting opposite me on the same table."

It's on purpose because Jaemin has this sudden urge to make Mark conscious of him. It was weird, Jaemin himself agrees, but Mark had such priceless reactions it was hard to not do just that. Every time their fingers would come within a close range, Mark would jerk his hand back before Jaemin could touch him and his face would easily show exactly what he was thinking.

"This is easier," Jaemin states and then shuffles on his chair to become even more unbelievably close.

"Jaemin," now Mark sounds stern. "It's been five days since we started these lessons and it feels like we've barely even made any progress."

Mark sounds tired and Jaemin actually feels bad for being the reason. He wasn't purposely not paying attention, it's just being in such a close environment with Mark just made him lose his train of thought. Mark was just distracting. That's right, Mark was distracting. He was cute and adorable and tended to brush his not so long hair behind his ears and scrunch his nose whenever he messed a question up and kept chewing on his lips as if that would help him.