Chapter 1 <♡> Memories

Sometimes I find myself thinking, thinking about how simple times used to be.

When during storms you could huddle under the covers with your favourite stuff animal.

Convincing your best friends mother to allow you both to have a sleepover.

I miss the times when i didn't have a care in the world.

A care about politics.

A care about the future.

Im not even 18.

Too young to worry about these types of things, right?

Thats what they say.

》《

Waking up under the stars, the wind disturbing your sleep, you get used to it after a while. You get used to the birds chirping every morning, finding use of it by using them as your own personal alarm clock. But is there a point having an alarm clock where you have nowhere to be? I geuss it was just out of boredom.

The new village was strange to say the least. People talking about fictional places all the time, which I never really gave a bother about.
However one day, a particular place, a particular story stood out to me.
L'Manburg.
They all described it so wonderfully, a land full of your wildest dreams, a place to be free.

A place to be safe.

Part of me always hung onto the slither of hope that this place was real, some telling me I needn't fret for it was. Others crushing my dreams entirely. Most of the time I spent in that village I overthinked. The days where the rain was coming down harshly against the window, the wind covering any other noise, is where I spent my time overthinking. Which was quite often to be honest. The area was well known for storms and flooding, though fortunately I had never seen a flood for myself. Though it certainly felt like it may flood all the time with how often the rain came down. Quite a large portion of the farmers had to have underground farms with food that didn't require as much sunlight as others.

If I could change one thing, it would be the fact that I never interacted and socialised as much as I should have. My work keeping me up at unreasonable times, despite the fact I was barely 14 at the time. But I needed my money for the most basics needs. Food, warmth, water, you get it right? To put things short, I never had luxuries, like fancy clothes or expensive cuisines, and quite frankly, I didnt need it. Or want it for that matter.

I had seen what wealth had done to people. What wealth had done to families and relationships. Well I didn't really have any relationships to ruin, I just didn't want to become a power hungry living nightmare. But now I realise that peoples ranks in society are determined by wealth, by how much money you have. Maybe I should've took that summer job.

BL village, short for "BadLands" of course, was one of the best villages i had stayed at. Mainly because of the stories people told if im being truthful. They helped me escape from reality and the trauma I have faced over the years. Oh the sweet sweet trauma.
If you can't tell im being sarcastic.

When people ask for the description of this place I give them the usual vague details.
Not too much land
Not too little
Not much food variety
Kind people
And so on. The basic things. The things which nobody really cares about, they all want to know what riches they had, the villages wealth. Do they think I cared about that? Because I really did not.

Caring about stuff made me seem weak, so I learnt how to hide it easily. Only useful in situations where I was threatened, pretending I didnt care about anybody so they would either leave me alone or beat me up instead.
Usually it ended in the latter.

Other then all that negative stuff, it was pretty great, I met Bad and Skeppy, neither of which I think were their real names. We became best friends, from the moment I arrived to the very moment I came across the BL.
I miss them.

Housing situations were pretty simple in the BL village, you headed to the main council building and got assigned a house. Due to my age I got placed in a smaller one floor house, easier to maintain. I was not complaining, I hate cleaning with a burning passion. Sometimes, during the very rare times I did clean, I found my mind drifting off back to that place. A nation reborn is what they called it. The unfinished symphony. None of these names helped calm down my desire to hunt down this nation.
It made the desire grow in fact.

So what did I decide to do about my "little" obsession? Well obviously I packed my bags and said goodbye to Bad and Skeppy. The only two significant people in my life. I headed towards the forest

I never looked back.

Woo first chapter!
Words-878
Time started- 1:05am
Time finished- 1:48am

I'll try and get a new chapter out every week, please be patient I beg of you.
Anyway go drink water, eat noodles. Be swag.
Signing off~