Prolouge

The cold blade of the dagger pressed against my thigh as I walked toward the balcony. Nerves fluttered around in my stomach as I opened the glass doors to reveal my target. His back was to me, staring out into the night sky, he didn't seem to notice me. Good, I had the advantage. Sneaking behind him. I grasped hold of his muscular shoulder, it was a bit of a struggle, since he was much taller than me. Though I quickly slammed him against the wall behind us, before he could sense my hesitation.

A momentary shock covered his face, but changed into calm when he saw it was me.

"I didn't think you'd do something like this, darling." He said, a knowing smirk playing on his lips.

I didn't care what he thought I was doing. I just grabbed the skirt of my dress to reveal the dagger. His eyes caught the blade and I saw worry flash through his eyes, though it was there for only a second. I took hold of the weapon and pressed it against his throat

"Are you sure you want to do this Aurora?" He asked as I pressed harder, drawing a bit of blood. Though to my astonishment he didn't flinch.

"You took everything from me, I'm just returning to favour." I said, hot tears threatened to fall down my cheek, but I quickly shut them out. I couldn't let him see me that way.

"I can't believe you would kill your future king... let me rephrase, your future husband." He said, a sickening grin appeared on his lips.

I felt his hand suddenly grip my wrist as I went in for the kill. His strength over powered mine and he drew my hand away from his throat. Causing me to drop the knife in the process.

"But if you try anything like that again. I'll make sure I have your head on a silver platter." He said, releasing my wrist and walking back into the ballroom.

I fell to the floor and allowed the tears to fall. I knew that I had just blown my only chance at freedom