11

-MOVING STUPID-

Another emergency text today had woken me from my lovely slumber. I was having one of the best dreams ever and the sound of my phone beeping had cut it off. I woke up grumpy, feeling extremely annoyed at whoever had disturbed my dream. Right when the chicken suya was about to get into my mouth. If I ever told it to anyone, they'd say it was the marine spirits trying to feed me their food in my sleep.

I prayed after waking up though, just in case, we can never be too careful. I had my bath. By bath, I mean I ran into the shower only to see it was freezing then I ran out back. Definitely a bath right there, it's the thought that counts.

I doused myself in body spray before throwing on my outfit for the day. I also couldn't help thinking back to Elliott's birthday as I got dressed in front of the mirror. Throughout the party, all I chanted in my head was my brother's words. His words kept me going, his words held me up when I was about falling flat on my ass and wailing at Jordan's feet.

'He doesn't deserve you and you don't deserve to be sad.'

Jordan had been a walking red flag. I had ignored all the player attributes he possessed because it was wrong to be stereotypical, wrong to judge someone right off the bat. Give love a chance, give love a chance, now love don turn one chance, wetin I go do?

I picked my crossbody bag as always, making my way out of my apartment. Then, magically appearing in the lecture room because I was sleepwalking the whole way and landing my flat ass on the wooden bench that they were torturing us with. If only we could bring in cushions to layer our butts, no consideration at all for we, the bootyless clan, no sympathy. Every girl here was just bumbum, vibes, and inshallah.

"You're all here early, I'm impressed. Don't worry, I won't take too much of your time. Fear not, I also didn't buy rice today," Half of the class exhaled loudly in relief. I did too. Watching someone else eat what you can't access was nothing but punishment. My mum had taught me to not do ojukokoro as a child, but here we are, with me lusting after the white rice and stew he always brought to class.

I wasn't too happy, but I also wasn't sad.

"This is going to be my last class with you all. I am aware we still have a class together next week, there is no need for you to come to do this hall. Just use next week to relax and prepare for your presentation that's coming up upper week."

Presentation? What presentation?

"You all are creative-minded kids and I'll be lying if I said I wasn't impressed because I am. There will be an external invigilator as well to assess your works, so there won't be any issues or complaints about biased judgments. You have next week to brush up your work, good luck to you all." He finished, stepping out as soon as he did. Not lingering for even a second. Everyone seemed bummed and out of it as they stared at him, he was actually starting to be one of my favorite teachers.

My head felt heavy at the mention of presentation and I was getting anxious in advance for the D-Day. Fucking anxiety.

I picked up my bag and walked out into the park, sitting on my regular bench and staring at the suya ahead. A body blocked my view. Instantly, I got a deja vu moment except it wasn't Jordan, I didn't even know this guy.

"Uh, hey."

"Hello..." I answered, uncertainty clear in my voice.

"I'm Nick, and I was with a friend of mine when you barged in on our group asking nasty questions and whatnot."

"I didn't barge in on your group." I said. "You mean the questions about periods? It's not nasty."

"Whatever you say, girl." He replied, hissing and shoving his hands into his pocket. "Look I kinda got myself in a hitch with my girl and you seem really smart and all that so I was wondering if you could help me."

As per helper/therapist is written on my forehead abih, I refrained from saying.

Instead, I cleared my throat, pushing down the words and swallowing them." What did you do?"

"So she's staying over at my place and all. All of a sudden she starts complaining about her tummy and all. Surprise surprise, she goes into the toilet, comes out to say it's her period and she needs money for her pad. What should I do about that? Said she didn't have money on her and I should help. Can't she just use tissue? Why will I spend money on something that she obviously knew was going to happen." He finished, huffing and crossing his arms. Mans didn't get laid last night obviously.

"Just get the fuck away from me," I said. My eyes moved back to the suya as I ignored him the same way he seemed to have ignored his sense of reasoning.

"Tsk, you're all shit anyway." He grumbled before walking away.

I laughed heartily shaking my head at his departing figure. "Ignorance is a bastard."

~

Well, well, look what the cat dragged in.

I'm so excited to complete this story, just three more chapters, and the epilogue left to go!

Updates will be sooner than you think.

.Tayme.•