Chapter 1: Meeting Him Again

Meeting Him Again

A loud thud was heard across the bedroom which was quickly followed by the sound of something shattering. The maids hearing this hurriedly scurried off to their own quarters leaving the whole mansion bare of people but the two persons inside the room. The workers of Lu Family have long turned a blind eye to what's currently happening, rather they feared Zeng Liu, who had already gotten their fates in his hands.

Lu Shuli herself, has been numbed by the constant pain she felt every day from the man standing harshly in front of her. She felt bleak, only her pride had constantly made her feel the need to make herself at least breathing. Lu Shuli cannot just accept the life she's been experiencing right now, even before she loses her sanity, she wants to settle accounts with Zeng Liu.

"If I see you trying to be so sly again, see what happens with that friend of yours." After saying that, he left with a huff.

She tried to suppress the tears brimming in her eyes. She can't be weak; she needs to push through to get an end to this. Supporting herself, she tried to sit up, her back against the edge of the bed. She felt cold all over her body and even her heart had already lost all its warmth. Right now, she's desperate to leave his clutches.

She felt her left cheek stings, the slap was as good as being punched and she was thrown like some piece of rug, it was truly agonizing. If one would see her in state like this, battered and bruised, one would definitely take pity on her but he was different, Zeng Liu had changed. He was completely different from the Zeng Liu she knew before her marriage.

She didn't know when it exactly started but the time, he first lifted his hands on her was just after three months of her marriage with him, it was when the company was placed on a difficult situation. Lu Shuli had accepted it believing it was an act of care towards her family but she was wrong. Zeng Liu didn't stop there and gradually she had realized that he had some interests he's trying to keep and that's the Lu Corporation. It solidifies Shuli's assumptions when her friend found a way to secretly call her narrating what she had witnessed and heard at that time.

"Shu Li, I know this might be hard to believe but you have to listen, okay?" Cai Fenhua's voice trembled, visible was her uneasiness.

"I saw your aunt and Zeng Liu meeting each other."

She felt her heart tightened. She had her suspicions before, but she suppressed it in her heart, it was impossible. But her aunt Duan Lifen, whom she treated as her own mother is planning the Lu family's downfall together with Zeng Liu she had loved unconditionally. She never thought that the two closest people in her life would be the ones that will make her feel the feeling of dying before death.

She had given her trust yet like a fragile glass, they did not break her, but dusted her entire being and rationality. She was truly happy the first three years of the two of them being together, but her life after marriage could only be described as a roller-coaster of love and torment. She will always shrug off the past whenever he asks for forgiveness but come again the time she would be badly beaten; she would try to retaliate but, in the end, it would be her loss. 

This was the constant cycle of their marriage; she had always hoped things will get better but not until the moment her friend told her those words that completely shattered her remaining hope. It was her regret, she was blinded by love, that the whole six years of her life with him wasn't enough for her to realize that everything was all an illusion. She realized her love was all for a Lu Corporation.

Lu Shuli thought it was funny, she had never even set her foot on her father's company which she loathed so much. She had blamed everything to her father and his company her mother's death. Yet now, it seems that it's her life that's also being ruined by this.