~Chapter 1~

Marinette hummed to herself, sketching her new idea. The sound of pencil sweeps and her humming filled the room, while her tongue poked out in full concentration.

"There." She said to herself, proud of her new creation.

It was almost Manon's birthday, and this would be her birthday present. She had designed a ladybug-inspired dress, so she would be able to play dress-up with her friends and be her favorite superhero.

Her birthday was in a month, so the designer would have more than enough time to finish the present.

A jawn escaped her lips, and she looked at her watch. 11 a clock. It was Chat Noir's day to patrol today, so she decided it would be a good time to go to sleep.

She took a shower, and after put on her pajamas. She let herself fall on her bed.

Tikki floated towards her, and Marinette smiled. "Goodnight, Tikki." Tikki nuzzled her cheek and then laid down on her smaller cushion, that Marinette had designed for her. It was nice and soft and allowed Tikki to sleep more comfortably.

She was about to close her eyes and sleep when a knock was heard from above. The bluenette shot up and wondered who it could be. She prayed that it wasn't the Adrien from her nightmares and that the sandboy was akumatized again.

She carefully lifted up the latch when two piercing green eyes met hers. "Chat Noir?"

"Hello, princess." He said, smirking, but it didn't reach his eyes. He seemed... Sad?

"What are you doing here, so late at night?" Marinette questioned him.

Chat noir hesitated and took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry to barge in like this, but the thing is... I can't stay at home. I can't explain why, because that could reveal who I am, and I'm really sorry about that, but I couldn't figure out where to go. And then I thought of you." Chat Noir sighed. "And I would totally understand if you can't let me stay here, but-"

"It's fine Kitty, of course, you can stay here." Marinette cut him off.

Chat Noir's eyes lit up, but the sadness in them didn't go away. "Really? Thank you princess!"

Marinette stepped aside, and Chat Noir landed next to her.

"We have to think of some things though.... For example, you need to be able to detransform without me seeing you. And I also will have to tell my parents eventually." She looked at him. "But we'll figure it out."

Chat Noir looked away from her bluebell eyes. "I'm sorry that I'm a burden."

Marinette stepped forward and laid her hands on his shoulders. "Nonsense. You could never be a burden." She assured him. A soft genuine smile displayed on his face. "Thank you, Mari."

She smiled back. She then looked around the room and her eyes fell on her desk and the bed above it. The place underneath would provide enough space for the black cat, and some privacy. She went through her drawers and found some blankets.

She also found some clips and she attached the blankets. The pieces of fabric created a small hut where Chat would be able to stay and destransform without her being able to see him.

Chat Noir seemed impressed by the quick improvisation. "You can take a shower if you want to, and change in your PJ's after. I will find something where you can sleep on." The bluenette told him.

Chat nodded.

"But make sure that you wait until I say that I'm finished. Otherwise, you could walk in as your civilian self, and I would see you. And we wouldn't want that, would we?" She tapped his bell.

Chat noir smirked and walked towards the bathroom.

Marinette was worried about her partner. He seemed so sad, and she couldn't help him because of their secret identities. But she was determined to help him as well as possible. As her civilian self.

She grabbed her chaise and pushed it as silent as possible, trying not to wake her parents, in the blanket fort. It would be comfortable enough for him for the time being.

She grabbed another blanket and laid it on top of the black cat's temporary bed.

She then walked towards the bathroom door and softly said, "I'm going to bed now. You can come out in one minute."

She heard a soft okay, and then headed towards her bed.

A while later she heard footsteps heading toward the chaise. "You can sleep on the chaise for now. I will get you a mattress tomorrow, but I don't want to wake up my parents."

"Thank you, Princess. It's perfect." She heard him lay down.

"I'm going to have to tell them if you want to stay longer."

"I know..." Chat mumbled. "And that's okay. I hope that I will be able to stay here though... I don't know where else to go."

"They will be fine with it, they are always happy to help where they can," Marinette assured him.

"I hope so."

"I forgot to ask if you are hungry. Do you need anything else?"

"No, I'm fine. But if I could get some cheese tomorrow, that would be great."

Cheese? That was probably what his kwami ate.

"I can get you that. If you want I can get you some breakfast tomorrow too?"

"I will leave early tomorrow. I'll manage."

"What time will you be back?" Marinette asked. She didn't want him to feel like a burden. He was welcome here, and she wanted him to know that.

"Late... I have things I have to take care of."

Marinette sighed. "You don't have to stay away, you know? You are always welcome to be here. I don't mind."

"Thank you, princess, but I can't."

"I'll get you dinner when you come back, and don't you dare protest."

"Fine... Thank you."

"No problem, Kitty. Sleep well."

She then softly cringed. Why did she have to call him that? Only ladybug called him that.

"Sleep well."

She let out a sigh of relief. He hadn't noticed.

She tried to relax and fall to sleep, but she kept thinking of those sad green eyes. She felt so sorry for him, he didn't deserve this...

With a mind full of worries for her partner, she fell asleep.