|010|

Paranoia isn't something that leaves very easily. Once it's there it tends to either grow or just linger around for an eerie situation. That's what happened with you. Although you had been going out more and trying to relax nothing really shook the feeling that someone was watching you. On top of that, almost as soon as you began going out more the murders from the current active serial killer in the city began spiking. It causes intense waves of fear and sometimes even hearing about it caused your mind to wonder back to Taehyung and what he had done.

•••

It wasn't like Jungkook wanted to stalk you but it was the only way he could make sure you were safe all of the time. He never knew when you could meet someone and they could turn out to be like Taehyung. He couldn't let you go through that again. At first, he had tried threatening people after you had left them to go home but after the first few tries he realised it wasn't going to work that way.

Soon after that, he began resorting to other measures. Causing someone physical pain tended to people off because psychologically the pain wasn't worth it for the "reward" they would get. With his new plan in mind, he followed you out, creeping in alleyways and behind bushes and trees. He was still very new to the stalking thing, seeing as you had only just begun going out again, so he almost got caught a couple of times but managed to get away with it.

He followed you into a club and quietly blended into the crowd. He made sure to keep enough space between you both that you wouldn't notice him but close enough that he could still clearly make out what you were doing.

Eventually, you sat down at the bar and began drinking. It was something you had ended up turning to after Taehyung as a way to cope and Jungkook had to try his very hardest not to run up to the bar and push the drink out of your hand.

It was obvious that everyone was attracted to you as they just kept staring at you, the lonely pretty girl sat alone drinking at the bar. A guy ended up going and sitting next to you. The two of you seemed to get along quickly, which left Jungkook seething with rage.

The moment you and the stranger left was the moment Jungkook had been waiting for. He knew your routine by now: the person would try to get you to their place and you would polite fully decline saying you just wanted some company while you drank and the two would go your separate ways. And that's exactly what happened. Just as usual, Jungkook would follow whoever you were with instead of you. He knew you could handle yourself and this would be better for you in the long run. He couldn't have you destroyed by another Taehyung.

Jungkook was worried that the man would turn onto a busy road near by to walk and they were still too close to the club for him to be able to do anything. The screams would be heard and he would be caught and he really didn't need that. You needed him at home and work to keep you safe and he couldn't leave his angel all alone in a world full of wolves.

However, to his luck, the man turned in the opposite direction. It was hard to find a quiet road in Seoul, even in the very early hours of the morning, but they could still be found and this one just happened to be one of them. Jungkook pulled the plastic gloves he had brought from his pockets and put them on.

He made his steps as quiet as possible until an alleyway came into view. He launched himself forward and shoved the man onto the brought ground, causing the pavement and gravel to dig into the palms of his hands as he tried to support himself. He looked up, his eyes full of shock and fear. He got up quickly and attempted to run past Jungkook, a stupid move really, and just got shoved straight back down.

Jungkook was obviously more muscular than the man before him, he knew it would be easy. That mixed with his stupidity to attempt to run out of the alleyway rather than into it and onto another road would probably be the reason for his downfall.

Still, the man struggled to his feet and tried to run into the alleyway this time. Jungkook chuckled lowly and let him think he would get away for a moment before running after him. The fact his legs were pretty much just muscle meant he caught up to the man pretty quickly. He threw himself at him again and watched his body fall to the ground. This time instead of just hitting his hands he hit his head. A trail of blood began slowly making it's way down his forehead from the gash that had been made near his hairline. Jungkook crouched before him and watched it travel, finding it rather fascinating and beautiful.

"P-please. I d-didn't d-do anything wrong! I just want t-to go h-home. I'll pret-tend this never h-happened. I p-promise." The man stuttered, just about managing to get the words out.

"Listen....?" Jungkook drawed the word out as if asking for the man's name.

"J-Jaee-eun." He answered.

"Listen, Jaeeun. You and I both know what's going to happen here. You say you didn't do anything wrong but you tried to go home with my precious Y/n. I can't have you wondering around possibly trying to do it again. You might be another Taehyung and I can't have that." He spoke in an eerily soft voice, tilting his head side to side slowly and fiddling with his covered hands as he spoke.

"I-I'll stay aw-way. I p-promise."

"Begging isn't going to get you out of this and promised can be broken oh so easily. It's time to say goodbye." He smiled down at the man, before firmly holding his hair between his fingers. He pulled his head up off the ground and smashed it down onto the floor as hard as he could. He heard the sound of bones slamming against the hard surface of the floor and watched as blood splattered slightly. He did it again, and again, and again, and again, until the screaming finally stopped.

He stood up and walked away as if nothing had ever happened. Before he left the alleyway, he took the gloves off and shoved them into his pocket. He would burn them in the fireplace later in the evening, when you were asleep. He ran back past the club to find you. He knew the route you would take and kept running. He noticed you on the pathway and slowly began catching up to you. He hadn't noticed just how drunk you were before, you were swaying back and forth a little and he was just thankful that you were safe.

He gently placed his hand on your shoulder. You jumped and almost fell over. He caught you just in time and stood you back on your feet. You placed your hand on your chest and bent over, breathing deeply to calm your heart down from the shock.

"You scared me, you asshole!" You raised your voice a little but in a jokey way and slapped his shoulder playfully.

"I'm sorry, I just saw you as I was out for a walk and wanted to make sure you got back okay." He smiled at you and watched as your angry expression melted into one of pure joy. When you were drunk was the only time he really saw you truly happy and it hurt to know that even though he could bring you joy it only really happened under the influence of alcohol.

"You're so kind, Kookie. What did I do to deserve you?" You asked rhetorically and cuddled up to his arm. The two of you walked home together, swaying from side to side a little the whole time as you tried to dance and sing whilst walking. Everything was perfect. Well, it was perfect until you both got home.

Jungkook dragged you through the doorway and sat you down on the sofa. He ran to get you a glass of water to help sober you up and brought it back to you, watching as you chugged it down. Once you were done, you began staring at his forehead in an odd way.

"What is it?" He asked nervously.

"Is that blood in your forehead?" You asked cautiously.

"Nope, I cooked dinner earlier, remember? I must have gotten some sauce on my forehead." He laughed to try and pull it off, luckily you brought it.

Once you were all talked out, he got you into bed. He knew better than to try and change your clothes or help you shower. He would never take away your dignity like that so you just flopped into bed in your clothes. He went downstairs to make sure the door was locked and noticed a letter on the floor addressed to you.