The Fly Out

I decided to let a few days go by before actually texting YG I didn't want to come off as thirsty.

Me: Hey Kennon this is Monica. 6:15pm

While waiting on a reply which seemed like forever I cleaned my house and took my dog for a walk. As I checked my phone I finally received a text back.

Kennon: Hey, sorry I was eating dinner and getting ready for the show tonight, Getting ready to head onstage now. 9:45pm

Me: Have a good show. 9:50pm

I knew I was fucking up, how did I catch feelings for a rapper? I should've never took the time we spent serious, hell I probably never hear from him again. I decided to call my girl Nicole over & fix us some popcorn & drinks so we can relax & watch our tv shows. We both ended up falling asleep by 12AM. I woke up to my phone ringing & I was pissed, who the fuck was texting me this late? I rolled my eyes reaching for my phone.

Kennon: You still up? Just leaving the after party. 3:45AM

I was angry that I was woke up at this time of the morning but happy he didn't forget about me.

Me: I am now. 3:47AM

Kennon: I'm sorry about waking you up I just can't keep you off my mind. 3:47AM

Before I couldn't even respond before my phone notified me that he had liked 14 of my Instagram pictures.

Me: I've been thinking about you too. Your a cool dude. 3:48AM

Kennon: I wish you could come out here this week and be with me.

Me: I wish I could too.

Kennon: Why can't you? Request off work.

Me: And miss making money? I think not. I like you and all but I still have to take care of myself.

Kennon: I got you, you won't have to worry about anything, I like you.

Me: I'll think about it.

Kennon: Bring your girl too I got yall.

I dozed back off to sleep smiling. I was gonna take him up on his offer he didn't even have to worry I was just playing hard to get. A trip to Cali? Bitch please I wasn't missing that. I woke up to Nicole cooking this bitch swore this was her house, but along as she fixed me a plate I wasn't complaining. Nicole was in school for culinary, she was good with kids and cleaning somebody was defiantly gonna wife her someday. Me on the other hand, I hated kids, I was a bit selfish at least that's what everyone tells me. But for the most part I'm loyal & a rider.
I don't see the issue with being a girlfriend that's "down" When I say "down" I don't mean doing stupid shit like being down to commit crimes. I mean being down to give him that motivation to continue to grind, keep a smile on his face, bring something to the table other than sex, share that dope ass personality with this person and create a lasting friendship, build together, dream together. Make a positive relationship. One thing about it is I am NOT riding for someone who is temporary, someone who truly doesn't give a fuck about me. So if YG want me to be his down ass bitch, I'm gonna put my big girl panties on, lace up my boots and ride for my muthafucking nigga!!

Over breakfast I ran everything over with Nicole and she was down for the trip. So I shot YG a text letting him know what it was.

Me: I'm down and she's down :) 9:37AM

Kennon: Shit cool, text me y'all information so I can get these tickets. I need you out here with me tomorrow. 9:45AM

I just smiled I was ready to see my baby. First I needed to visit the mall to grab a bunch of stuff. We grabbed so much from the mall we had to make a few trips to the car. I got everything from new pajamas, underwear, bras, heels, tennis shoes, a bunch of stuff outta Bath & Body Works, and more then enough outfits. I texted my hairstylist to see if she could straightened my hair right away, we headed to the nail shop to get fresh manicures and pedicures before heading home to pack our bags. "Girl my luggage is stuffed, how long are we gonna be gone?" Nicole asked. Hell I don't know he purchased us 1-way tickets, I'm just happy your on break from school.