11: Award Ceremony

We finally exited the cave with the treasures loaded into Klaus' broom machine thing... What the hell even is that? It's so ugly. I laughed to myself.

He had regained consciousness so I let him free from
the blood sphere. Mimosa, on the other hand, was still totally knocked out.

I wasn't entirely sure if I had stopped all the bleeding, so I kept her safely in the sphere.

Suddenly, Fin's face appeared before us in a bright light, and I jumped back startled.

Magna laughed, "Don't worry! He's just sending us a message."

"You're all to report to the capital immediately," the talking head announced.

"Alright, you heard him." Magna called. "Let's head out."

Asta mounted my broom with me and we took off towards the captial, all 7 of us.

The capital was a lot closer than the hideout so we were there in a couple hours. As we approached the castle, a team ran out to meet us.

"She's got a cut on her throat. She'll need medical attention once I let her go," I explained while gesturing to Mimosa. I freed her from my spell and the team carried her away.

I stared off in worry, hoping she'd be fine. We followed the other escort inside and through the halls. I had never been here before, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Everything was lined in gold and jewels. There was beautiful stone work and paintings all over the walls and elaborate designs covered the floor.

"Pretty sweet, right?" Magna said while leaning over to me.

"I've never seen anything so beautiful," I whispered.

"You should've joined the Golden Dawn," Klaus interjected. "You'd be living like this everyday."

I ignored his comment and continued to stare in wonder.

We were left alone in a lobby, and told to stay put. I began to walk around the room, admiring the paintings hanging on the walls. I stopped in front of a landscape painting.

The sun was rising and creating a soft pink and gold hue over the rest of the painting. There was a small town in the background, surrounded by trees and flowers. It reminded me of Saussy.

"Have you ever been to the countryside?" I looked over to see Yuno standing next to me also staring at the painting.

"Actually, I'm from Saussy. That's what it reminds me of."

He smiled softly, "I'm from Hage. I miss waking up to this view everyday. There's a lack of peacefulness here in the capital."

I looked up at him, and realized just how handsome he was. We must have been fairly close in age, but he towered over me.

I examined his sharp jaw, amber colored eyes, and soft looking hair. He wore a strange but beautiful medallion. I noticed his lips start to curl up in a small smile, and his lips looked so soft. So inviting.

"You're supposed to be staring at the painting," he whispered while glancing over at me with a smirk.

I quickly turned my head back to the painting as my cheeks began to heat up with a tint of pink. I could feel him staring at me now.