one - relax

Not my art @/sanhuseo on Twitter (I think) 

"Hey, Ryuu?" Atsushi called poking his head into Ryunosuke's office. Ryuu hummed in response and Atsushi continued. "Uhm, do you think my hair is getting long?", Ryuu looked over to Atsushi and gazed at his beautiful boyfriend. 

"Why do you ask? I think it looks nice the way it is" Ryuu replied.

"Yeah well...don't you think it needs to be cut?" 

"No"

"Really..?"

"Yes..have you ever even gotten a haircut?" 

Atsushi flinched "No actually...I've never had a haircut. When I was at the orphanage one of the older kids would always cut my hair and that's why  I have this weird uneven bang look." 

"Oh..that makes sense," Ryunosuke said turning in his chair to face his computer again. Atsushi sighed as he sat down on the couch on the other side of the room.

 "Ugh things have just been so busy lately", he said with his hand on his head. Ryuu had noticed something was up but never questioned it because he already knew the answer would always be "I'm fine". 

"Are things going well at the studio?" Ryuu asked wondering what was making Atsushi so stressed but then again he can get stressed at the tiniest things. 

"Oh, the studio itself is doing fine but we have so many new recruits that Dazai and I are supposed to train, and ever since Odasaku left there's been so much more work..." 

"You really need to take a break. Haven't you been working overtime a lot lately?"  Ryuu commented getting a little concerned. 

"Well yes, but..." Atsushi sighed. Ryuu hated seeing his boyfriend like this but it's just how Atsushi is.

"Ok that's it, I'm making you take a break. I don't like seeing you so anxious," Ryuu said with a stern but loving voice.

"What? Really? But what about all the work-"Atsushi was cut off by Ryuu's lips gently pressing on his. 

"Now shush, I'm going to go call your boss and tell him you're taking a few days off," Ryuu said as he got up and walked into the living room to where his phone was. Atsushi was shocked. Now that he thought about it, it had been a bit since they kissed. It felt nice... he's so sweet Atsushi thought with a smile. 

the following morning

Atsushi's alarm went off at 5 am like normal and he sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes trying to get the sleepiness out. He went to get up but felt something tug at his arm. He looked behind him and it was Ryuu looking at him expectantly. 

"No, you're not getting out of bed," Ryuu said, Atsushi noted how cute his voice sounds when he's tired. 

"What but I'll be late-" Atsushi said confused but he was cut off when Ryuu tugged him back into bed and pulled the covers back over them both. 

"Remember you're on a break?" Ryuu reminded Atsushi, he was surprised that he actually forgot. 

"Oh right, whoops," Atushi said as he snuggled up next to Ryuu. Ryuu looked at his boyfriend and immediately started to blush. He's so pretty when he's resting, Ryuu thought right before he drifted to sleep again. 

The next couple of days went on very smoothly. There was an obvious improvement in Atsushi's condition and he was more focused. He was already brainstorming ideas for when he goes back to work because even if he's on break, he'll still work a bit. 

Ryuu smiled at the sight of his partner feeling well again. It had been too long since his last break.  

"Hey Ryuu, I wanna say thank you for giving me that break. I guess I never noticed how stressed I was now that I'm not, "Atsushi chuckled. 

"Of course, as long as you're happy" Ryuu responded and kissed Atsushi on the forehead. 

I should be sleeping... it's 1:41 am where I live right now but uh if you have any suggestions please give them in the comments cause I'm really not that creative! now ima go watch howls moving castle  

shoutouts to Grammarly 

word count: 685