eight

Chapter eight
(1300 words)

At times I romanticized my life way too much. I was willing to take a lot of risks just for my life to look like it was straight out of a movie. It didn't matter if I will end up hurt or heartbroken, as long as I still was a main character. The strong sensations, physical pain or extreme emotions always made me feel alive, and I craved to feel that way. I craved aching so hard to feel it in my bones, I wanted to cry and scream, but I also - sometimes subconsciously - I craved to love like crazy. I wanted to be able to do everything for the person I love and to let them know that. I wanted them to own my mind and have my whole hard on the plate. I wanted them to be able to break with me with one small word. Because that's what real love was for me. Without sacrifices, it was just a plain, platonic relation. I wouldn't even try being with someone who I like only partly. It needed to be all or nothing.

I've never fallen in love yet. I always watched my peers making relationships that lasted only few months, although they claimed to be "head over heels" in love. Since then every relation felt fake to me and I never regretted not having a partner. Then I understood that I don't like girls, and everything got even more complicated. It didn't even bother me to be alone for such a long time, but of course I found myself daydreaming of one and only true love, that I hoped to encounter someday. I just lived in belief that everyone has their soulmate that they have to find. It's so silly, isn't it?

Well, couldn't be more silly than sitting on a couch in front of my - soon to be - dominant, and being too shy to even utter a word. He was looking at his phone, typing a message to someone and I was just playing with one of the strings sticking out of the sofa. It was uncomfortably quiet.

Taehyung was wearing the same black pants as in the day I met him. They looked a bit tight on his thighs, especially when he was man spreading, just like now. Loose black shirt didn't show too much of his skin, but presented quite well the jewelry on his wrist, that was clattering when he moved his fingers on the screen of his phone. He looked comfortable, and I thought that he didn't even notice my presence, until his eyes landed on me.

"Need something?", he asked, noticing my stare.

What does he even mean... He invited me here and now he wasn't even interested in talking? What was I supposed to do, leave?

"I... Um... Am I bothering you?"

"No, just don't stare at me like that.", he responded immediately.

His rude behavior made me immensely embarrassed like always. I stood up and started looking around his house, cause he didn't seem to care anyway. The huge kitchen was connected to the living room, and it was filled with variety of food. I noticed all kinds of chocolate, so the house owner must really like sweets a lot. Who would have thought? He has such a cold personality, but is weak for some candy.

I opened the fridge quietly, wondering what else does he have there. My eyes lit up at the sight of ice cream. Would he be mad if I took that? He wouldn't even care, would he?

"You really need a lot of attention, huh?"

I got startled at the sound of his voice and I turned around. He was standing right in front of me, looking at me with curiosity.

"I'm sorry. I was bored."

"It's fine.", he smiled to me. "Feel like eating something sweet?"