Haunted

Stefan was asked to go to the Halloween party at the school by Elena. But of course he dragged me along too. We arrived at the school and approached Matt and Elena talking.

"Hey guys," Stefan says.

"Hey," They say in unison.

Matt starts talking, "Yeah I got in it with Vic too, when she got home. I'm trying not to smother her tonight, but part of me didn't want to let her out of my sight." Matt says. Wait she's here?

"She's here?" Elena asks. I look towards Stefan. Then we all realize Jeremy is gone.

"Yeah you can't miss her, she's a vampire." Matt smiles.

"Wait, where did Jeremy go?" Elena panics.

"Elena, what's the matter?" Matt asks clearly confused.

"I-I have to find him." Elena stutters. She looks towards Stefan and I we were gonna look for Vicki while she looked for Jeremy.

*

*

*

Stefan and I find Vicki and meet us with Elena.

"Thank god." She sighs in relief. She didn't find Jeremy.

"What's the matter?" Stefan asks.

"I lost track of Jeremy. I was worried." Elena says. As Matt walks up to us.

"What's going on?" Matt asks.

"Hey, uh, everything's fine." Stefan replies.

"I told you to quit bothering me." Vicki says and backs away from Stefan. This lying bitch.

"No, Vicki..don't do this." Elena pleads.

"Matt, he won't leave me alone." Vicki whines to Matt.

"You need to back off, man." Matt gets angry at Stefan.

"Matt, its ok.." Elena says. As I stood there in annoyance.

"No, its not okay. What the hell is your problem?" Matt steps up to Stefan. Then we realize Vicki left.

"Stefan..Stefan, she's gone" Elena runs after her. I push Matt off of Stefan.

"He's trying to help her." I say, as Stefan and I run towards Elena.

We all run outside and see Vicki attacking Jeremy. Before Stefan and I could get in front of her, Elena runs towards them.

"Vicki, no!" Elena yells. Then she grabs a wooden plank and hits Vicki with it. Vicki grabs her and throws her in a pile of garbage. I grab Vicki by the neck and hold her against the side of a bus. Then she vamps off. "Bitch." I say under my breath.

"Go get inside!" Stefan yells. As Elena runs to the door with Jeremy Vicki attack Elena in the neck.

"AHHH." Elena screams and drops to the ground. I grab Vicki and hold her as Stefan plunges a Stake through her heart. Her body starts to turn grey and veiny.

"Vicki!" Jeremy cries. Did he not just see the current events that gone down.

Stefan holds Jeremy back as I drop Vick's body to the ground.

"Get him out of here," Elena says as she holds her neck on the ground. When Stefan leave's Elena sits next to Vicki's body and cries. Damon arrives. Him and I make eye contact knowing we are gonna be the ones stuck burying the body.

"You should go, we got this." He says to Elena. As she gets off the ground and stands face to face with Damon.

"You did this, this is your fault." Elena yells at Damon.

"You confuse for someone with remorse." Damon states completely unbothered. Elena goes to smack Damon but he grabs her hand. I rolls my eyes.

"Guys really? How old are we, 5" I say.

"None of this matters to me, none of it." Damon says.

"People die around you. How could it not matter, it matters and you know it." Elena cries. As she smacks him in the face. He just let it happened, he knew he could of caught her hand again. Why did he let it happen?

"You need to leave. Your wounds are bleeding, and you need to leave." Damon states ignoring what she just did. After a couple seconds of her just staring she leaves. Then Damon and I bring the body to the woods and start digging. It was silent for a while. But I spoke up.

"We get stuck with the crappy job once again." I laugh causing Damon to laugh.

"Yeah, we did." He laughed looking up at me.

"Why did you let her hit you.." I go straight to the question. He looks at me once again with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I didn't, she was too-" He started but I interrupted him.

"You are a vampire, with lightening instincts and super strength...don't even try to say she was too fast and just" I raise my hands up to my face and make wide eyes, "caught you by surprise." I laugh and he followed. We continued digging, as the question kind of brushed off. Then we finished digging and headed to the Gilbert house where Stefan and Elena.

*

*

*

Damon and I approach the house but listen in on Stefan and Elena.

Elena: "Can you make him forget"

Stefan: "Elena..."

Elena: "Stefan, please. I don't know how he'll ever get past this. I just want him to forget everything that happened."

Stefan: "If I did, there's no guarantee that it would work..because of who I am. Because of how I live. I don't have the ability it do it right."

Damon gives me a look, and we walk up to the house.

"I can do it. If this is what you want...I'll do it." Damon says looking towards Elena. She has sadness in her eyes as she stares a Damon and thinks for a second.

"It's what I want." She finally replies.

"What do you want him to know." Damon asks.

"I want you to tell him that Vicki left town and she's not coming back. That he shouldn't look for her or worry about her. He's gonna miss her but he knows it's for the best." Elena finishes and Damon walks inside. Stefan and Elena were talking but I tuned them out I don't even know why. Then Damon walked out.

"It's done." he says. Then Elena looks at Damon and then back at Stefan and walks inside. Stefan, Damon and I go back to our house.

Authors Note!
Sorry for the short chapter!!
Word count: 1027