chapter seven

Today is the day of the Yule Ball. I'm so excited. I woke up and went to the great hall for some breakfast. Mum had sent me an owl with a package. I went to Hermione's table to open it. "What do you think it is, Vic?" 

"I don't exactly know, but let's see," I said. I opened the package and inside was my complete set of hair and makeup things from home. There was a letter too. "Ouu lets see what your mum has to say." Mione said, eager to read.

Dear Victorie,

I left you this "gift" with all your makeup, some of mine curling wand, a blow dryer, and straightener. There's other things there too. Have fun and mail me photos. Remember, no boys. :P I love you honey.

Love, Mum

"Jeez, Vic. You haven't told your mum about Malfoy?" she said, almost disappointed. "No, but I promise I will in the next letter. I'll be right back." I left my stuff there and went back to the slytherin table. Malfoy gestured for me to come sit by him. Pansy wasn't there. Shocker! 

"What was that?" he asked. 

"Just some stuff for later." I smiled. How did I get so "lucky" to go with Malfoy. "Oh okay. You excited?" 

"No, because I don't have a date." I say sarcastically. Draco got up and started to walk away. "Wait, where are you going?" I stand up. Why was he leaving so suddenly? "I- uh. I have to get ready. I'll pick you up at 7." I feel a bit suspicious, but I just let I go. "Okay see ya later." 

I eat my breakfast quickly and rush with 'Mione to get ready. We go to her dormitory because they're more welcoming. Luckily, she had taken my dress to her room already, so all I had to do was shower, shave, and get ready for the day. I went to my dormitory and grabbed my towel and went to take a shower. 

When I was done, I went out to the hall to go to Hermione's dormitory. I was running so fast that I bumped into someone. "Watch where you're going." a voice said. It was Malfoy. "Oh sorry. I was trying to get to 'Mione's, Uh- nevermind. See ya." I just wanted to go get dressed. "Wait!" he pulled my arm and I turned on my heel. My towel almost fell off. I quickly adjusted it before he saw anything. "Here, I think this'll look good with the dress. Turn around." He put a beautiful silver chained, emerald necklace around my neck. "Wow, Draco. It's so beautiful. Thank you." I turned around and gave him a big hug. "Now, I'll see you later."

I got to Mione's dorm. She was looking at me as if I were crazy. But again, can I blame her? I was walking around frantically. "What happened, Vic?" I walked to her and put my hands on her shoulders. "Look at my neck." 

"Oh my goodness! Malfoy gave it to you?" she shrieked. I nodded in excitement. "Now, we have to get me all dolled up because miss girl!" 

I sent an owl with a letter to Draco saying to pick me up at the gryffindor common room. And I continued to 'doll myself up'.

3 hours later.

My hair and outfit was all ready, but we just had to do my makeup. Luckily the master of cosmetology came in. "GINEVRA WEASLEY! YOU HAVE TO DO MY MAKEUP PLEASE." I said like my life depended on it. "Okay, but I'm sorry if it comes out too good." she said sarcastically. "Thank you so much. Oh, look at what Draco got meee!"

She took a look at my necklace. "Now we have to get this makeup good. Got to impress the slytherin prince himself" she giggled. We turned to Hermione. She was wearing the yellow dress we found at the store. "Ouu, Hermione Granger ladies and gentlemen. Turn for us. Ugh you're so beautiful! And you too Ginny! Good thing I'm the ugly one because I saved you guys. I gave you my beauty." We all started bursting into laughter. 

Once my makeup was done, it was about 6:45. I unpinned my hair to let the curls out, I put my high heels on, and I put on a confident face. But, most importantly, I put on deodorant. Hermione and Ginny had left with their dates, so I had no choice but to sit in a cloud of nervousness. 

It was seven o'clock. Draco was probably already outside. So, walked out trying to be subtle about attracting attention. Everyone was looking at me. I opened the door to find Draco in his black suit, hair perfectly placed. He also had his 'limited addition' smile on his face. 

"Hey Draco. Looking dashing as always." I said trying to sound confident. It didn't matter anyway because we were only going as friends. But, he came close to me and grabbed me by the waist. "You look beautiful, V." He took my hand and we walked down the many stairs. 

The great hall had all the tables, except a few taken out. Everyone was dancing and some looked at Draco and I. A few people were whispering to each other, "I'm surprised he isn't with Pansy." 

Draco's POV

I waited out the Gryffendork's for Victorie. Some people walked by, in shock that I, Draco Malfoy  was waiting for a girl there. But I didn't really care. Victorie stepped out looking beautiful as always. I wanted to kiss her so bad, but we're just 'going as friends.' So, I just played it safe by hugging and complimenting. When we got to the great hall, I was very uncomfortable because people were commenting about Pugsy. But, I tried to enjoy my time.

Victorie's POV

I saw everyone dancing somewhere in the back, so I pulled Draco's arm and dragged him along. "Hey guys!" Then, just on que, a slow song had to come on. So, Malfoy pulled me in close and started to dance with me. I could hear the song Night Changes by One Direction playing. At least it wasn't an old timey song that's weird. After a few spins and steps, the song ended. 

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" he said. "Sure. Let me do grab my sweater." we walkout the great hall and just as i was about to walk up the stairs, he said, "You know what, take my jacket."  I walked back. "Okay. Thanks" 

The scenery outside was amazing. All the trees were lit and we just walked around calmly. "Soooo?" I said trying to invite him into the conversation. "You looks stunning, Vic. I- uhm..." He turned me toward him and pulled me close. He pulled his lips close to mine and leaned in for a kiss. I pulled him away. In my defense, It was because I was shocked. 

He was about to walk away, but I took off my heels and ran towards him. "Draco," he turned around. I leaned in for a kiss and once again, he pulled me close and returned it. It was the most magical moment. Fireworks in the air, the trees illuminated, and the music turned up loudly. For some reason they had replayed Night Changes. It was the best moment ever.