Against The Ropes

*Want to read a new, regularly updated, Bratva x Mafia dark romance? Check out my latest book Il Russo, exclusively on Wattpad via the link and my profile below!*

https://www.wattpad.com/story/358730865-il-russo-a-dark-mafia-bratva-romance-in-progress

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Copyright. This work of fiction, Against The Ropes, is an original piece created and owned by author Skara Gray. All rights are reserved by Skara Gray. Any unauthorized copying, manipulating, distribution, claims to, or selling of this work is a copywriter infringement and as such is punishable by law.

EXPLICIT CONTENT FOR 18+

I mark this original piece of work as mature and appropriate for audiences 18+ due to sexual scenes, cursing, and limited violence. I am always open to feedback about all aspects of my work but please keep this in mind.

ABOUT SKARA GRAY

My name is Skara Gray and I love writing about highly suspenseful, successful and tension-filled relationships. I always try to bring a level of mystery and suspense to my romance! Not for the faint of heart.

AGAINST THE ROPES

Nico Chavez doesn't get lucky breaks. He's from the roughest part of Boston and has been dealt a shitty hand. With two younger sisters to care for and no one to help him, he turns to underground fighting to make ends meet. When a match lands him up against Boston's top fighter, Rhett Jaggar, he knows he's got a real shot at fighting full-time.

When Rhett retires from the ring, he takes on Nico as his protégé; the opportunity of a lifetime. After a year of training under the watchful eye of Rhett and the legendary Coach Barry, Nico is ready to enter his biggest fighting circuit yet. And he's determined to make a name for himself and his sisters.

Meredith Barry has been acting out. From drugs to bad boys to skipping class, she's hellbent on making all the wrong choices. When she gets suspended from college for the semester for having drugs on campus, her mother sends her to live with her estranged father—a veteran boxing coach in Boston. Meredith is already angry at the world, but the thought of leaving sunny California to go live with a dad she barely knows has her blood boiling.

When the beautiful redhead sets foot in her dad's boxing gym, all heads turn. Well, all but one. Nico Chavez. The young, wild fighter with potential won't give Meredith the time of day. He has too much at stake for attention-seeking female distractions.

But when someone from Meredith's past comes back to haunt her, Nico may find that the fight for her is one he can't ignore.

Can be read as a standalone fighter romance, but recommended as a follow-on story to In His Corner. 70,000 words.

COVER ART

Cover image is professionally created with proper image licensing.

NICO CHAVEZ

MEREDITH BARRY

MEREDITH BARRY