CHAPTER 15 : THUG CRY

Finally the day is here, the day everyone gets to watch a thug cry. I won't lie, I never felt such emotions in a long time, cause that day was filled joy,smiles and tears also. Everyone was looking all gorgeous in their all white affairs. There is always going to be a stand out family for the day, and it's definitely the Jones. From the Jones, there's still always going to be a standout member and that's my mum. She picked the family attire and it's a one in town golden lace material which she styled into a top and a wrapper with golden chains on her neck and her wrists. She was sure ready to light up the room.
As our faith demands, we started from the church. Despite our lifestyle, we naturally owe our territorial dominance to God.
So the plan was to tie the knot in the church and head straight to the mighty Jones' residence for the reception. As many as twenty-five people with chieftaincy titles were expected with different musicians also billed to perform, it's been no news that all business had been put on hold for the day which has been assigned to celebrate our love story. I wasn't surprised my dad took it that far, but it's expected as today is one of those days he gets to flex his power.
Back to me, I picked a grey suit with a white shirt and a blue tie on my black shiny shoe.

"Here are the rings Marcus, I think we are good to go"
That was my best man and he's a familiar face yes, it's Mr Spark the relationship doctor but since he's grown to be my friend now, I call him Spark.

"Ok Spark, I think we are good to go. But first of all, do I still look a little bit thuggish? "
I asked with some curiousity in my tone.

"No my man, you look like a saint"
He replied.
After the reply, there was a short pause for a while and suddenly we bursted into laughter together at the same time. I guess we both agree that I'm not a saint but maybe I'm about to be one after today, I said to myself.

Few minutes later, I stepped into the church and guess it's time to finally get to meet my queen, her face was all shades of glow calling my name, I felt so proud to call her mine even before exchanging our vows. She definitely hasn't noticed my eyes on her yet just as her bridal train excorted her to her seat. The priest on the altar had insisted that both of us sit separately until we finally tie the knot. I looked straight into her eyes and she finally gave me a bright smile just before I looked straight at her, her father, Mr. James, the man couldn't bare his joy just as he gave me a thumbs up with a smile which to me at that time was the sign of the final victory.
Love is in the air, so I enjoyed every freaking breath I took at that instance, it felt so good cause I was finally living my truth.
Finally the most important moment came.

"Marcus the son of Jones, do you accept Kim as your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and health till death do you both apart?"
The priest asked.

"Yes I do sir, forever and always"
I replied with a rush of excitement as I couldn't hold it any longer.

Kim's father noticed the excitement in my voice as he stood up clapping his hands urging the audience to do the same. The crowd responded with claps and shouts before the priest called everyone to order.
Now it's time for Kim, everybody was back on their seat except Kim's dad, his excitement was just over the moon and no one could judge him for that.

"Kim the son of James, do you accept Marcus as your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and health, till death do you both apart?"
Now we can hear Mr James' loud voice telling his daughter
"Go for it baby, it's your day"
Kim felt the excitement and she couldn't say yes not until she looked straight into her dad's face to smile at him. Just as she looked straight into the old man's face, he felt joy and smiled back with claps and double thumbs up. At that moment, she got the perfect conviction she wanted in her soul to say the final yes.
While turning back her eyes back to the priest to say her final yes, an old man was seen holding his chest which seems like he's struggling to breathe, everyone's attention shifted straight from the altar to this man. He was gasping for air, going down on the floor, his hands were stuck to his chest, there was chaos, as everyone could be heard screaming for First Aid.
"Do we have a doctor around please, let's give him some breathing space, doctors come forward"
My mother said just as she tried as much as possible to control the crowd.
Two people approached him with full speed, one of them being the Doctor and the other, our bride in her flowing white gown, she is a doctor too obviously and she deserved to be there. But that's not the only reason her presence was needed there, her father, Mr. James had just collapsed.