CHAPTER 12: BACK FROM THE EDGE

And finally, the last session of conflict resolution came. I wasn't really sure it's going to be the final one but I had prayed and hoped so anyways. We were both on time as usual and before then I and Kim seemed to be getting along already, she's been asking me some tough questions lately and I've been trying my best to give her simple answers too. I might not be as convincing as I would have hoped but there is obviously some progress.
Spark was looking as energetic as ever just as he ushered us to our seats and today, he got us two bottles of  cold water first and in my head I was thinking it was his plan to cool us down whenever temper rises but I guess he's probably wrong cause I had a good feeling about that day already. There will be no hot temper to calm.

"Good afternoon my favorite couples, how has your day been?"
Spark asked.

"I'm good, work has been hectic but I am glad that I'm making progress already"
Kim said.

I was surprised Kim had to go first today but maybe not too surprised cause she looked a little relieved that day.  I wouldn't want to say she's happy to see me but I'm quite sure we weren't far from that too. Her sweet response meant I was relieved of being scared of being attacked whenever I talk about how my day went, just like it happened the last time.

"I'm very fine Spark, I am just so excited about today, I got a good feeling already"
I replied.

Spark was relieved at this point, he was really hopeful for little or no trouble for that session. Maybe he was right to hope so though just as he turned his attention to Kim  as he promised the last time.

"So Kim, hope you are ready for me today? Cause the spotlight is going to be on you, just be as plain as possible and we won't spend more than we should"
He asked.

"Ok Spark, I hope the questions are not too hot to handle, cause I'm ready to serve you back hotter"
She replied with laughter.

"They will definitely be reasonable within our scope. And Marcus, you should listen patiently to her responses and if you disagree or feel like contributing one or two pieces  you should signify. I really don't want us to interrupt others today with our uproar. Let's take things as gentle as possible "
He said.

This time he faced Kim and that signified the commencement of the day's session.

"Kim, I know you feel Marcus owes you an apology for being a liar. He lied so much about his past which he claimed was to protect you, so what other apology does he owe you? Can you think of any other one?"
He asked.

"Any other apology? Like what sort of apology again?
She replied

She mumbles while twisting her hands trying to really grab what angle the question was coming from but Spark was there to help her this time.

"Okay, let me rephrase. Does he owe you an apology for being a thug? Eventhough he was born into it. I really don't want you to assume the bad things he has done since he has changed as promised. He is a changed man but he still has a background that can't be changed, does he owe you an apology for that?"
He asked.

"I love him, and I wasn't scared of his background and does he owe me an apology for that? I don't think so. He is who he is as long as he stops hurting innocent people."
She replied.

"Do you meant innocent people or your loved ones?"
He asked.

"What's the difference between both, my loved ones are innocent I guess, but I meant everybody this time though."
She replied.

This time she looked at my face looking for a response I wouldn't dare give her. I wasn't really sure I could say anything that won't put me in trouble there.

"The people you claim he hurt obviously did something wrong, I'm not saying I am okay with the way Marcus punishes his offenders but it's obvious they were offenders, so would you have been filled with rage if none of Marcus' offenders were related to you one way or the other?"
He asked.

She paused and mumbled for some seconds still looking at me, hoping I save her but I decided to remain mute and watch the conversations play out.

"Okay, Spark, that doesn't make his behaviors right though"
She said

"I know that"
He replied.

"But maybe I wouldn't have been that mad if it didn't involve my loved ones but it did and it drives me crazy till now"
She said.

"But why are you mad? It's not your battle, both your dad and your goddaughter's parent said they forgive him already but you won't forget it. Why?"
He asked.

This time she was tender but she managed to calm down just as she placed her hand on her chest trying to calm her nerves, I wouldn't have been surprised if she had exploded again at that moment but I was shocked to see her calm.

"That actually made me even mad cause I felt he bought their silence. It all seemed like they're scared of him and I also thought he had threatened them one way or the other"
She replied.

"Has your stance about that thought of yours changed now?"
He asked.

"Yes it has, I got to know he didn't threaten anyone and infact he helped them."
She replied.

"How did that made you feel?"
He asked

"I guess happy"
She replied.

"Why are you guessing it?"
He asked.

"I'm happy, just a little bit sad that I forget the good stuff  he's done for me.  I thought he played me and was only acting but I got to know he wasn't, he really meant to put those smiles on my face"
She replied.

She sobbed at that moment and I wasn't surprised about the emotions, I really wanted to burst too but I was hoping to prevent a scenario of two cry babies so I kept my cool just as I put my hands around her neck while wiping her tears with the other hand.

We continued the session holding hands all through and it was really a wonderful moment together cause all other questions were answered with tears and laughter.

Author: Allen Ayobami John
             (Allen The Great)
Phone no: 09075200272
Email: Allenthegreat135@yahoo.com