Banginho

Requested by:

Chan's POV

UGH, THIS IS SO IRRITATING!! All Minho has done since we moved out of the dorms was pay attention to Soonie, Doongie and Dori and less attention to me. Now don't get me wrong, they're his babies and they're really cute but I'm starting to feel lonely. I don't get as many kisses and cuddles as I used to and it's starting to upset me :(.

Today was meant to be our date night. We've planned this for weeks. I was out so I decided to wait at the restaurant we made reservations at. I waited outside for ten minutes and realised that he was going to be late. I waited there. For forty-five minutes. Just for him to call me to say that we had to cancel because Soonie wouldn't leave him alone. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I left the restaurant with tears rolling down my face. I didn't go home and instead decided to stay at the dorms for the night. At least the others pay attention to me...

However when I got home the following morning, I didn't get a 'Good Morning' or a 'Where were you, I was worried'. Nope. I just got the cold shoulder. Why? He was cuddling with his cats on the sofa. I looked at the scene and just ran to our room and slammed the door shut, locking it behind me.

That was when the waterworks started. Did I not mean enough to Minho for his attention? We got the apartment to be able to spend more time together without the others getting in the way. But now it's his cats which are the barriers. I sat in the middle of our bed, legs pulled up to my chest, crying into my knees. I looked at the time and saw it was nearly midday. Was I crying for that long..?

I reluctantly got out of bed and walked towards the kitchen. But as I passed the dining area... I saw Minho sitting there eating his lunch. With his cats on the table next to him. So he didn't think about me? No! Maybe my food is in the kitchen? But when I walked in... there was no food waiting for me. I looked down with tears in my eyes...

I walked back out of the kitchen and towards our bedroom again, taking out some clothes and taking them to the guest bedroom. Maybe being away from him will help...

But it didn't...

I moved into the guest bedroom a week ago and Minho hasn't once asked me why. Didn't get a 'Hello' from him anymore. No interactions in front of the cameras. Hardly any touches or kisses... nothing...

Do I mean nothing to him...

I was lying in, what I'm guessing is my new bedroom, scrolling through Twitter when I saw a thread. It was interesting, to say the least. It said "BANGCHAN CAT EDITS: A THREAD" Me? As a cat? I scrolled through the different pictures and was shocked. I look... pretty...

Maybe that's why Minho doesn't like me anymore... am I not pretty enough for him... I looked in the mirror across from me and started to feel self-conscious. Maybe...

I went onto Amazon and looked up some nice looking cat ears. There were a few that caught my eye but the ones that looked perfect were... wow. They are grey cat eyes with a bell connected to them. These were the ones. I ordered them and waited for the next day to arrive.

When the ears arrived, I didn't show Minho straight away. When I first put them on I didn't think they looked nice. They didn't suit me at all. It took a week for me to start getting comfortable with them. But what I didn't expect was for Minho to walk in suddenly...

I saw him staring at me through the mirror but didn't dare meet his stare. Well done Channie... you messed everything up. He thinks you're a weirdo now...

I carried on talking bad about myself that I didn't see Minho walking towards me until I felt arms wrap around my waist. When it happened... I burst out crying.

I'm guessing that it startled Minho a little because his hold loosened, which allowed me to crouch onto the floor and cry into my arms.

I don't know how long it was until I calmed down but even then I didn't look at Minho. It was just silent that I thought he left... but he didn't...

"Channie. Love. Are you okay..?"

This... this had set me off again. After all this time he has the audacity to ask what was wrong when he didn't care all this time?

"Okay? Am I okay? That's the first thing you ask me after WEEKS of ignoring me. I don't get anymore texts, no more kisses, no more hugs. Hell not even a hand hold. NOTHING! And you didn't care. You spoke to Hyunjin more than you spoke to me. And when we are home you don't even look at me anymore. Only your stupid cats! I moved out of your bedroom because you didn't come to bed anymore. When I moved into this room suddenly your there every night with your cats! So I thought maybe. Just maybe. If I get cat ears that you'd pay attention to me. And then you saw me and hugged me for the first time in weeks and I hated it!"

Minho seemed surprised by my outburst but I didn't care, he was finally paying attention to me long enough for me to confront him... but in the end, it may just have the opposite effect... Minho loves his cats. They're his everything, and talking about them like this may anger him enough to leave me...

That train of thought comes to an immediate halt when Minho crouches down in front of me and pulls me into his arms. Well, this was unexpected. I started crying again and grabbed the front of his shirt to pull him closer. He brought me closer and started to rock us side to side, whispering sweet nothings and kissing the top of my head occasionally.

"Channie, I'm sorry for ignoring you, I'm sorry for being a horrible boyfriend. You know how much my cats mean to me but know that this isn't an excuse. I'm not used to having the cats around and as a consequence I neglected you and I deeply regret it. I was blind to how you were feeling despite the constant nagging from the others. Please forgive me."

I smile at him and nod, smiling a little, despite how flustered I feel considering I'm still wearing the ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long-awaited return to this book. I haven't done any creative writing for myself since I left Year 11 (Sophmore) and I've now finished Year 13 (Senior) so it's been a long time since I decided to do writing for myself. And after some talking with my partner I've decided to try again. So there will still be slow updates but I'm back. Sort of :3