Chapter Twoღ

Chapter Twoღ 

                My room was grey and bleak when my eyes fluttered open. I could tell that it was only the early hours of the morning and I frowned sleepily – I was not a morning person, which is why I was confused as to why I had managed to open my eyes before ten or clock.

                It hit me like a tsunami.

                It's my birthday.

               A gasp escaped my lips as I sprang up, throwing the sheets from my body so that I could look down at my wrist. My heart was pounding so hard it felt as if it were trying to break free from my chest. My breathing became shallow as I saw the thick black italic lettering on the skin of my wrist.

                Killian Durant

        I stared dumbly down at the name for what felt like eternity. My whole body grew rigid as if someone had just poured freezing cold water down my back. I felt numb as I looked down at the name tattooed on my skin until my eyes grew blurry and I could no longer see the black ink.

                Killian Durant.

                I was shakily trying to get out of bed because I knew I was either going to faint or throw up. I finally managed to make my body move and stumbled towards the bathroom. I slammed the door behind me and threw myself onto the ground beside the toilet.

                Killian Durant.

                Not Dominic Bradley.

                I was throwing up, my hands clutching the toilet seat as I retched my insides up. I was sobbing, large angry tears running down my face. Small animal-like wails sounded from my lips as I stared down at the tattoo. I was rubbing angrily at it with my long nails, screaming at it to disappear. The skin began to turn angry and red yet the name of my 'soulmate' remained prominent.

                Large hands clamped over my own, easily halting my attempt of ridding the disgusting tattoo from my wrist easily.

                "Nadia," A calm and collected voice said from behind me, "Stop."

                I looked over my shoulder and through my blurred vision I saw Christian. He was crouched behind me, his hands still clamped firmly around mine to stop my destructive actions. He had a grim expression on his face as he assessed my bright red wrist and tear stained face. I knew that I must have looked like a wreck, screaming on the floor as I attempted to make my tattoo disappear, but I didn't care.

                "It's not him." I sobbed.

                "I'm sorry." Christian apologised immediately.

                I could tell by the way he said it, with so much empathy and compassion that he meant it. His gaze on me softened as he slowly released my wrists and stood up from his crouched position.

                "Your parents are waiting for you downstairs." He told me after a moment.

                I nodded and he left, closing the door behind him.

                I wiped my eyes furiously but the tears refused to stop. I felt as though my heart had been ripped out of my chest. I thought about Dominic and I felt sadness run through my veins, poisoning my very being until it was the only emotion that remained. I loved him, he was my soulmate, not this stranger – not this Killian Durant.