Knave Of Hearts | 01

"Kimiko... You're so special."

Special... That was the word carved into me for the rest of my life. Those words were said by my parents right before they were assassinated because of their Success, Money, and Fame. They were assassinated but those disgusting degenerates didn't even know I existed, Luckily.

//FLASHBACK//

(Young Kimiko POV)

Run faster...

Run faster...

Run faster!!!

I ran and ran and ran until my lungs gave out, and... Everything disappeared... Like... I was in a dream that I will be stuck in forever.

Breathe, Kimiko... Breathe! You can't die now!

"What?"

"A child."

"Check what it looks like."

"Wait... This kid... She's from that family who got assassinated."

What is going on? Whose voices are these? Wait... I'm being lifted!

"My... What a beautiful girl... But poor child... Her parents were killed even for her young age. Bring her back to the mansion, I'll take care of her."

//Narration: Present Kimiko//

At that moment... I thought I'll die too because of my lungs that gave out and I couldn't breathe... But... I woke up to a huge luxurious house with her... Kanō Mira.

"Oh, you're awake!"

She ran into me and was about to touch my face gently but I backed away while shuddering in fear.

"No No No, it's ok... I won't hurt you."

I slowly touched my hand with hers and I smiled like an excited child, The woman chuckled and then introduced herself.

"I'm Kanō Mira, and I'll be your new mother."

My eyes widened because I realized that mom and dad were already resting in peace, Mira's facial expression softened and pulled me in a hug.

"There, There. You'll be fine."

My feelings were lifted and I knew I was going to be okay.

Everything was amazing; She taught me everything about the world, Her henchmen were like my older brothers, I was living like a princess, But... Until She saw what I was meant to me...

"Miss Mira, There's a snake at the courtyard!"

Mother looked shocked because I knew she was a little scared of reptiles but I didn't feel anything but curiosity.

"Hu...AHHHH!!"

Mother shrieked just by looking at the snake while I crouched down and wrapped my arms on my legs and knees and looks at the snake with wonder and curiously.

"Kimiko, Get behind me."

Mother wiggled her fingers from her left hand for me to get her attention. I stood up and went behind her, and holding her left hand with my hands.

"Kimiko, It's ok... You'll be fine."

Mother ordered one of her men to kill the snake while I found a small black, white, and red dagger. I kept it to myself without reacting for a second, but the snake bit the man while I helped and Mother told the other men to gather medic for the bruised guy. Without a second, I went to the snake.

"KIMIKO!"

I walked closer to it as it hissed.

"Yeah... I know you wanna make me scared you filthy little creature..."

I was shaking for a second Until I felt... Focused, Relaxed, and Ready to aim! I was born to be the Knave Of Hearts!

"HUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

STAB!