Always

Severus x reader
Warning: Sadness, death
Summary: Severus' loving wife, you are also a professor at Hogwarts.

~Author's POV~

Severus had a feeling in his gut that something was wrong. During the day, when he passed students in the hall, most of them talked about you.

'Have you seen Professor (l/n)? She was coughing like mad', one Ravenclaw boy spoke.

Severus started to get worried about you thinking you just caught a cold. He walked to the great hall for dinner, frowning as he saw you sat in your seat which was next to his.

You looked tired and more pale than usual. He came and sat down in his seat next to you and placed a hand on yours which was on your lap.

'You alright, love'?

You nodded and gave him a smile the best you could. During dinner, little did your husband know or anyone for that matter, that your chest began to feel tight and you felt extremely dizzy.

You started seeing black spots. You got up from your seat which instantly made the dizziness worst and than everything turned black.

Severus watched as you got up from your seat so he was able to catch you before you hit the ground. Severus went into panic mode when he caught your unconscious body. Gasps were heard throughout the hall.

'Severus, she must be taken to Poppy', Albus told him.

Severus picked your body bridal style and carried you out of the hall to the hospital wing.

'Poppy... Poppy'!

Severus laid you down gently on a bed and Poppy came running to your side, placing a hand on your forehead.

'She's burning up, what happened'?

'She fainted'.

Panic was in his voice. He started breathing heavily, he was now more worried then before.

'I'll run some tests, go get some rest, I will inform you in the morning'.

Severus was hesitant to leave your side, he didn't want to leave you alone. However, he kissed your forehead and left the hospital wing.

The next morning, when you were awake, Poppy didn't seem herself, not to mention, she asked if you were alright about every 5 minutes.

'(Y/n)'!

Severus' face lit up a little when he saw your (e/c) eyes that he fell in love with. He went to your side and took your hand.

Albus came into the room and smiled but the usual twinkle in his eyes wasn't there. Severus noticed this and frowned. He looked at Poppy and she was looking down at you like an injured animal.

'So I've run some tests... to see as to why you felt the way you did yesterday and...'

Severus began to feel nervous again. He was afraid of what Poppy was going to say.

'The test show that your diagnosed... with an aggressive terminal disease... you have one year at the most, I'm sorry dear'.

You stared at your hands, a lump growing in your throat and tears forcing to fall down your face.

'We'll leave you two alone, Poppy', Dumbledore instructed her and they both left the hospital wing.

Finally, a tear fell down to the bed sheet. Severus was quick to hug you. Your hand clenched the back of his robe, tightly. Tears flowed down your face.

'I'm scared, Sev. I don't want to die'.

Severus felt his heart break. He didn't want to lose you, not another. He hugged you tight and rubbed your back to try and stop your tears.