Jealous

Severus Snape x reader
Warning: heart break, jealousy (just a warning if your like me😁🤚)
Summary: Defence against the dark arts teacher, past Hufflepuff student.

~Authors POV~

Professor (y/n) (l/n) is known by the students as the best defence against the dark arts teacher or the best teacher overall. The students and other professors know her as the most joyful person but they are all also remember not to get on her bad side because getting angry means unleashing hell.

She entered the great hall only to be greeted by some students asking her questions about what they will be doing next class or the assignments. Note that she rarely gave them assignments.

Her smile however turned into a frown when she saw Severus talking to the new Herbology teacher. She always thought it proper that the subject Herbology was best for Hufflepuffs, not saying she wanted to teach that subject, it's just that Hufflepuffs were more suitable and maybe Gryffindors but never Ravenclaws or Slytherins.

Professor Jones was a past Ravenclaw which annoyed (y/n) so much. She hated Ravenclaws because they were such know it all's, Miss Hermione Granger though was acceptable.

She didn't hate all Ravenclaws though, Luna Lovegood past the test. Professor Jones caught sight of her and sneered. Severus followed where she was looking and caught sight of the joyful Professor. She smiled at him and he gestured to the seat next to him with his head.

She kindly excused herself from the students and walked toward the professors table, sitting in her spot next to Severus.

'I don't know how you do it, dear, your like a celebrity', Minerva commented.

The young Professor laughed and nodded her head in agreement. Little did she know that her laughter was music to Severus' ears.

'Good morning, Severus', she said, cheerfully.

Her cute and soft voice always melted his heart. Her voice was always sweet until she got angry that is.

'Good morning, (y/n)', Severus greeted.

She was one of very few to be greeted in the morning by Severus. In the mornings, Severus always would nod to colleagues when they said good morning or sneer at students but for (y/n), it was different.

'The flowers have bloomed, (y/n)', Pomona told her.

If there's one thing that makes (y/n) happy, it's flowers. She loves all flowers except roses. The perfume smell they gave off.

'Really? You don't mind me coming to the greenhouse before lunch, do you'?

The Professor was always very polite in asking things. She would ask permission for anything, even if was obvious.

'Of course, I'm sure the students would love to see you, I know I would'.

After her class that was before lunch, she went straight to the greenhouse to check on her daisies, lavenders and cosmos flowers. Her face lit up when she saw them.

'Hello, Professor (l/n)', most students greeted happily.

'Hello'.

The young Professor specifically grew these flowers for a special someone. Yes yes, how can a careful young woman fall for a mean dungeon bat?

She didn't expect that he will share her feelings but she had the right to try. It was especially hard though with Professor Jones always around.

You could say the young Professor was jealous and she was but little did she know that Severus Snape himself dreaded Professor Jones' presence but adored (y/n)'s.

The Professor picked four daisies, three lavenders and two cosmos flowers. Pomona and (y/n) then walked together to the great hall for lunch.

'Hello, Professor (y/n)', a first year waved.

The young Professor stopped walking and saluted to the first year, also giving her a cheeky grin. Pomona elbowed the younger professor and gestured to Severus, urging her to give him the followers that she picked.

'Those are some lovely flowers you got there', headmaster Dumbledore told her.

'Yes but if you didn't have the help of Pomona', Professor Jones stated.

(Y/n) started to feel her blood boil. As far as she knew, Pomona or even herself were better at Herbology then her.

'Oh no, dear, I didn't help her what so ever, it was all her', Pomona defended the young witch.

'Well, everyone can do that, grow flowers'.

The young witch scoffed. She had counted the many times that she tried to grow flowers but failed to keep them alive.

'Apparently, you can't, Professor Jones, wasn't it, 10 times or more that you failed to grow flowers on your own in the greenhouse'.

She heard Minerva chock on her drink from her perfect comeback. Pomona again gestured to Severus, urging her to get on with it and just give the flowers already.

'I wanted to grow them myself so they would have meaning'.

She extended her arm to the potions master and he gladly accepted the flowers which made her smile.

The next couple of days, it seemed that Professor Jones was getting closer with Severus. It pained (y/n) to see her everywhere Severus went. The young Professor just recently asked Dumbledore to move seats next to Hagrid.

The potion master had a confused and sad expression on his face when she didn't come to sit next to him at dinner. She had also stopped conversations with him.

This didn't go unnoticed by the other professor. Her cheerful, joyful self slowly dying and that worried the Professors including Severus.

Her morning walks which she sometimes took with Severus had come to a stop. (Y/n) didn't realise that she made a big mistake by stopping speaking with Severus as it just gave Jones an easier path to his heart.

Pomona was probably the Professor that worried about her more then anyone. The flowers that she put so much effort into just for Severus, were dying.

She dreaded today, this specific time of day. Pomona asked her for a favour. She had to deliver some ingredients to Severus.

She knocked on his door and opened it without any answer from him to come in.

'Pomona wanted me to deliver these, Professor... oh'.

She felt tears in her eyes. Jones got to the end. She was kissing him on his lips. Severus shoved her off him but was to late as (y/n) already left in tears.

He pushed Jones further away and ran out the door to chase after her. Just before she could run up the stairs, he grabbed her wrist.

'What'?

'Don't go'.

Tears ran down her face. She couldn't bare the thought of someone like her with someone like him.

'I think Jones is waiting for you, Professor'.

She tried to rid herself from his grasp and continue to run up the steps but he pulled her, smashing his lips on hers.

He cupped her face in his hand and savoured the kiss. The kiss was much better then with Jones. He pulled away from the kiss and had a bunch of iris' in hand.

'Here'.

'But... what... about... J Jones'? she sniffed.

'It was always you, never her, she kissed me not me, she's annoying and insufferable'. (Y/n) wiped her tears and laughed a little, taking the flowers.

'I will love you until all those flowers die'. She stared at him in confusion.

'But one flower is fake'.

'Exactly'.

Severus captured (y/n)'s lips once more and the kiss they shared was witnessed by one jealous Professor Jones.

Umm... love me until all the flowers die but ones fake🤪😏

27 January 2021