Chapter 13 - Unhinged

Two more days passed where Juna refused to return to work. They had made it clear they didn't want her there so she thought - fuck it. They didn't want her? She wouldn't waste her time.
Of course, the time off didn't last long before she received an owl summoning her back. Juna obliged, quietly relieved and excited to finally return to doing the only thing she's ever known. She had been running out of things to do and places to go, and she wasn't too keen on seeing George again. She didn't like the feeling that she liked being around him, it scared her.

As she walked through the polished black abyss that was the MIU building, Jack stepped in front of her.

"You're back."

"Clearly." Juna spat sarcastically.
"You people didn't want me here so I thought I'd do you a favour and stay away since I'm so 'emotional'" She used her hands to air quote as she said the last word.

"I was appeasing Mace. You know by now you're one of our most revered agents, Cove."

"Could have fooled me." She crossed her arms and glanced around the room.
"Why'd you call me back? The note had no details."

"Ah yes. We caught Bethany."

"You did? Little bitch. Where is she?" Juna snarled.

Jack pointed at the interrogation room closest to them, smirking at the hungry look on Juna's face.

"I'm going to enjoy this." She said and started toward the room Bethany was being kept.

She glanced in through the double sided mirror and saw the dark witch with a wicked snarl on her face glaring at Anchor, who was was standing on the other side of the table, leaning on his hands which were spread apart as he was muttering something - no doubt terrifying - to her.
It was amazing how deranged Bethany looked in these circumstances. Juna felt a twinge in her gut as she thought about this woman's children, did they know what happened to their mother?

She pushed the thoughts away, deciding she didn't care. She tapped on the double sided mirror, indicating to Anchor to come out.

"Cove." He shut the door behind him and stared at Bethany through the glass with his arms crossed.
"We got her, no thanks to you." He smirked.

"Fuck off, dickhead. I can only do so much after getting thrown aside because my arse of a father decided I wasn't up to his standard."

"What are you gonna do to her?" Anchor turned to her, amusement dancing in his rat-like eyes.

"I don't like to have a plan. I like to go by feel."

He laughed wickedly and held a hand out toward the door.
"By all means. I'd love to see."

Juna moved to grab the handle.
"Don't hang around all day. You have work to do, don't you?"

Anchor scoffed and moved back to his desk, leaving Juna to confront the witch without being looked in on.
She swung the door open and her eyes met the dull ones of Bethany who sat straight and indignantly in a chair. She can't have been here long, she didn't have the worn and broken look of their usual captives.

"You." Spat the witch.
"Almost thought maybe you were dead after I hit you with that spell." Her eyes moved to the bandages poking out of the sleeve of Juna's shirt.
"Only injured I see." She smirked. "A shame."

Juna's mind hardened.
"You sit here acting like you have some kind of upper hand, Bethany. You realise where you are? Who you're surrounded by?"

"You all think you're all that and a box of chocolates, huh? Not all of us are scared of you. You are scum of the earth. Hiding out here in your dank little dungeon, only emerging like moles to track and capture or kill people you think deserve it."