Chapter 04: Partially Correct

Good god. No. It couldn't be. The very idea someone I met two days ago, that I barely knew, could ask me to dinner was delusional. It was like a wish I was trying to repress. How could I even think of such a thing ? I couldn't wish for this. No, Yuri , someone you met two days ago cannot possibly want to ask you for dinner, and even if, Yuri, Coincidences like this don't just happen, rich people don't run into you, met you again and want to go to dinner with you. It's simply not possible. 

The day passed and I couldn't stop thinking about my first customer. Not him himself though, rather his higher ups, or rather the one at the very top: Miss Kang Hyewon. Rather the two times we met so it wasn't too long before I spaced back in and continued working.

I had several customers that day, including old shouting ladies and desperate boyfriends trying to fix their crumbling relationship, just the usual. Mrs Hwang, who bought a bouquet for every single thing her daughter achieved, Mr Jeon, that was planting a garden. 

I wrapped up my work day at around four pm and wanted to close the shop : I ended helping my last customer, an old couple, I watered all the plants and took my apron off. I locked the door to the greenhouse and tied my hair before filling out the form,

"Gerbera Daisies, 5 ... Roses, 8 ? " I muttered under my breath while writing into it. But I didn't sell 2 volumes of Roses. One volume or box costs 4. I had to look through our payments but the economic gap was still there. I sold one box, in the morning. I couldn't've written down an 8. I'm not a money launderer. Why would I consider that option.  I pulled another form out and wrote down everything again and I wrote a 4 down instead. I folded my apron and straightened out my dress underneath.

I sighed and rested my head on the counter. I stretched out my arms and yawned. Holy. What a tiring day, was it my mind that was restless or was work really that hard ? I wandered out the back door and locked the shop, the girl working after me still had an hour at her other job so I left it locked and the evening form on the counter with a pen with a lid so it wouldn't dry out.

I walked through the back street, tired, "I haven't eaten something in more than 5 hours, god, I hope I get home soon" I thought to myself. I relaxed and stood for a second, I inhaled and stretched my arms out before running to the train station and taking a train all the way to town. I was going to treat myself to a late lunch in the city at a nice, expensive, restaurant. I checked my wallet and it was there, after all, some big city , millionaire, kind girl wasn't going to show up from thin air this time.

I relaxed, layed back and looked out the window as the train passed by fields and stations, I was about to fall asleep when I fought myself. Checking my phone, I decided to notify my housemate, Yena, that I was going to come home at around seven instead. She picked up the phone pretty quickly and she agreed and told me to have fun. I giggled and thanked her for her understanding.

When I suddenly spotted a familiar face, she looked at me too and smiled while walking towards me and enthusiastically greeted me. 

"Yuri, oh my gosh, hi ! " she hugged me and I felt her leather coat brushing against my skin. "Eunbi, I haven't seen you in such a long time ! How have you been ?" I asked. She proceeded to tell me about how she'd finally attended university and was working an office job now. But apparently it was paying well, because who even wears an entirely leather outfit on a train ? Exactly. Rich people.

I joked about how her job payed and she laughed and grinned. "Hey, it's only because I know some people!" she joked back and we laughed. But then, she asked me why I was going to town and I explained it to her, she was kind of surprised I still worked as florist's assistant. I asked her why she was going to town and she explained to me she was going to go out and meet up with her friendly boss,  "Won" and offered to take me to late lunch and shopping with her. It sounded nice and I accepted. Meeting rich people in town seemed to be normal now, I guess.

We got off the train at the main station and we walked out the station before getting into a car. She turned her phone on and called "Won", explaining she'd brought a friend. "Won" seemed to understand and even be quite enthusiastic. 

We talked a bit and laughed at our unfunny jokes, but it was nice to meet my former housemate again. Me and Eunbi first rented out the house me, Yena and Sakura live in right now. She actually payed for the reformation of our house and got us a bargain, she managed to also get us a mortgage for our house. She basically got me, atleast financially, where I am today. But how did we meet ? We met a few days after my highschool graduation and she was working at the florist shop I got a job at in the summer. She taught me everything I know about botanic things and selling things. We became good friends over the summer and I decided to stay at the florist shop and take it on as a full time job. We moved into our house a week after I told her I was going to work there full time. Our friendship developed very quickly and only a few months later Sakura moved in. Only 2 months later Eunbi decided to move back to the city to get her life together, and shortly after Yena moved in. I can't believe we met only a year later and she was now working for a large corporation and going to university. Apparently she was majoring in business.

While filling me in on her life, we finally got there. Well what I didn't expect was that

Won was there.

Turns out Won is short for Hyewon in this case.