5

Friday
Picture: Zanisha

The week goes by pretty quickly. I'm so happy it's finally Friday. It was more so an introductory week, we didn't do much in our lessons. Everyday after school, I've been going to Rakai's with Zanisha, Justine and Brandon, just catching up. It literally feels like old times again. The good old days. I'm actually happy that we're back together again.

Three more lessons then the weekend is here! I'm spending the weekend at my cousins, so S is gonna pick me up.

As I make my way down the corridor to my next lesson, I bump into Shantae.

She initially screws, then her face breaks out into a smile. "Oh, hey."

"Hiii you alright? What's your next lesson?" I ask.

"History."

I actually wanted to take History but the way this school structures your options, you can only take History or Geography. And in the taster session they said we'd go on a class trip to Bali, they better keep their promise!

"Calm, I got geogra-"

I'm interrupted by someone roughly barging into Shantae. We turn to see a black girl with braids, laughing with her friend. Clearly they did that on purpose.

Shantae kisses her teeth. "Are you blind?"

The girl scoffs. "Mind how you chat to me littlegirl, I'm your older."

She doesn't have the sixth form uniform on so she's clearly in year 11. Only one year older you know.

"Bitch please. Do I know you?"

"Nah but you better get to know me, I'm T-"

"Fam I don't care."

"Are you dumb?!" She gets in Shantae's face.

A crowd forms.

Shantae chuckles mockingly, shaking her head. "Move."

The girl doesn't budge.

Shantae shrugs. "Say no more."

SMACK.

She bangs her in the face.

They start fighting.

Well actually, *Shantae starts beating her up. Her 5'4 self is strong!

The girl's big friend behind her jumps in to try and help her.

I pull her friend off Shantae and throw several bangs to the side of her head, then she focuses on me instead.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" Everyone shouts around us.

It goes on until teachers break through the crowd and split us up. Each of them hold us back. I'm actually grateful my hair is tied back today or I would be looking like these olders. A mess. There's a few tracks and braids on the floor from their hair, I didn't even realise I pulled it lol, I prefer to throw bangs.

I chuckle mockingly "Next time tie back your hair!"

Shantae chuckles and spuds me briefly before we get dragged to Mr Jerry's office, who also happens to be our head of year.

His face is red and he's pacing up and down behind his desk.

"One week, one week you've been here Kyrah and I've seen you in here how many times? And you Shantae, from the day you've got here you've been in constant trouble! You skip lessons, you disrespect staff and now you hit other students! I'm trying to help you. You were already expelled from your last school for fighting and now you're at it again! What am I going to do with you?!"