Chapter 38: Broken Hearts Always Show

Christi’s POV:

After it turned about three a.m. and all the bars were closed we all called it a night. CC was trashed, myself I stopped drinking at nine p.m. so I could drive CC home since he did it for me last time.

I got us home in no time flat. Fed CC’s doggy and let it out for a potty break. CC just sat on the couch out of his mind saying “Christi. Look a doughnut is stuck to the wall. AND IT’S TICKING!” I kept trying to tell him it was a clock but no dice. After I let the dog back in I got CC to our room and got him on the bed and stripped him down to his boxers and got him tucked in.

“Your pretty.”

“Your trashed out of your mind CC.”

“I like you.”

“I like you too sweetie.”

“Really? Wanna practice the baby making thing?”

“Uh no. Not when your messed up.”

“Okay. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I really love you Amanda.”

“I’m not Amanda.”

“Yes you are, you look like Amanda”

“CC go to sleep.”

My heart was shattered. I had finally let him in and look what happened. I am never trusting another man again. After I got CC in bed I began packing my things. I took all my clothes, only because there were not many, threw them in a box, got my bag from tour and threw some of my other things into it, mostly essentials like my toothbrush and hair brush. I finished packing in a half hour’s time. So I sat down at the kitchen table and wrote CC a note.

“Christian,
            I’m done. I’m leaving. I will never trust another man again. I will forever be alone. Thanks for the heart break and false trust.
Hope you liked being single.
   -Amanda”

I tore the page out of my notebook and hung it on the fridge and tied my promise ring to it. I probably should have took it with me and hocked it for money since I have absolutely none. I grabbed my things and threw them in my truck which was full of gas to my luck. I had no idea where to go…so I chose the one place that was always even headed. Sammi’s.