jealousy

(tw: mentions of alcohol and weed)

body's danced together. hips grinded against each other. people in corners making out. the stench of alcohol and weed present throughout the whole house. music blasting so loud you could hear it from a block away. the party had started around an hour ago at josh dun's house. tyler was getting ready, always being fashionably late. everyone knows that. everyone knows tyler. anticipation boiled up in the house. people whispered about tyler.

"when's he going to get here?"

"what do you think he's going to wear?"

"did you see him in school yesterday?"

"he looked so good in that skirt."

"i hope he wears one to this party!"

josh heard the chatter. the whispers. although people arrived to his party, people talked crap about him. they were only here for tyler. only ever here for tyler. josh was tired of hearing tyler this and tyler that. he wanted to be gossiped about. though people find josh attractive, people saw him as a horrible person. which he sort of was. ryan thought so too. so did joshs other friends. the school obviously had a favorite. and that was only ever going to be tyler joseph.

tyler applies some lip gloss to his lips. lips that never were chapped. the boy stayed hydrated. his skin was flawless. he never sweat. he did skin care. his legs were always shaved. the skirt he wore was plain black and short. if he bent down you would surely see his underwear. his top was a simple cropped shirt. his abs being present. he was flawless. and he knew everyone thought the same.

he wore shoes that could be easily slipped off. obviously going to get it on with somebody tonight. didn't care with whom that would be with. just knew it was going to happen. it always does. he hadn't been a virgin since freshman year. he wasn't very proud of it. he's still not proud of the way he is. one night stands were common for him nowadays. it was his only source of escaping the real world. it was sad to think about really.

either way, he made his way to the party. he took a deep breath. it's been two hours since the party started and he was finally ready. he walked up the steps and entered the house. eyes landed on him immediately. he shifted uncomfortably, feeling like he was going to faint. he stood, staring at josh and a familiar girl. he knew that girl from somewhere but he couldn't remember where. that's when it hit him. halsey. they used to be friends. him and halsey went way back. further than him and josh.

they were best friends for a while until she had to move away. now she's back. and she's talking to josh. tyler tried to not think much of it. he waved at people and wandered into the kitchen, taking deep breaths. startled when there was a tap on his shoulder. he turned around and there she was. she didn't change one bit. still looked and dressed the same as before.

"ashley.." tyler muttered, looking at her. she smiles softly and hugs tyler tightly. he tensed up.

"you remember me!" she said happily. he nodded slowly, hugging her back to the best of his abilities. "i missed you so much!!"

tyler nods softly "yeah.. uh.. when did you arrive back?" tyler mumbles. she pulled back from the hug and looked at him.

"yesterday! i wanted to surprise you and heard there was a party." she smiles. "thought i would come and see you." tyler nods slowly.

he wasn't disappointed. he was just shocked and scared. she was hanging around josh. god knows what josh said to her and tyler needed to figure it out. plus they left on bad terms too. tyler remembers getting angry that she was leaving. he felt terrible because he now knows it wasn't her decision to leave him. he was young though. he didn't understand why she left. looking back on it, he felt horrible.

"oh.. alright." tyler said softly. "uh... why were you and josh talking?" he asks quietly.

"oh! he told me that he knows you." she said. "he's quite nice."

tyler rolls his eyes. "that asshole." he mumbles. she looked at him confused. "uh.. sorry. never mind."

she nods slowly. "uh.. okay then. anyway.. i'll go get us some drinks!" she said and walked away.

tyler sighs, so josh is playing some sort of act. he thought to himself. he sat down at a chair, looking out into the living room. ash was at a table, grabbing drinks when josh went over to her. they talked. kept glancing at tyler. nervousness. that's all tyler felt.

then it happened. josh and halsey. their lips pressed together. tyler felt his heart drop. he didn't get this feeling. he didn't understand why it hurt. he just knew he had to act back and act fast. he got up, sitting on the couch next to some guy he didn't know and whispered. "can we make out?" the guy looked at tyler confusingly before realizing its tyler and nodded. tyler smirks, getting up and sat himself down in the random guys lap and kissed him.

now it was joshs turn to see tyler kissing some other person. josh felt hurt this time. was it a mistake to kiss ashley? she didn't think it was of course. josh didn't even understand this feeling, just like tyler didn't. he hates tyler so why does it hurt watching tyler kiss someone else. besides, josh is 100% straight so it doesn't add up. (at least that's what he keeps thinking).

josh looked at ashley. "seems like he's a bit occupied at the moment." he whispers. "i.. have you go do something." he mumbles and walked away, leaving ashley alone.

"man men are confusing." she said, shaking her head and taking a sip of some alcohol, cringing at the taste, setting it down.