Part Two

It was the day of the date. It wouldn't be that bad if Aunt Cass hadn't known. She is brushing my hair to make it look nice and tidy. She almost made me where a tuxedo. "I still don't understand why I have to look so fancy." I say as she brushes my hair. "It's nice to look nice, Tadashi would have made you look like this too." Aunt Cass says nonchalantly. That makes me shut up, I don't want to talk about Tadashi. "You took a shower today too! You'll smell so nice, why don't you wear something different? You always where those." She points at my clothes. "Aunt Cass, look I'm wearing a white shirt! I don't usually just wear a white shirt." I say pointing to my shirt. "You should wear your red jacket. I heard that red helps attract." Aunt Cass says with her hand on her chin. "Aunt Cass!" I whined. "Your not going to wear the tuxedo! Might as well put on the red jacket." I just groaned and throw off my navy blue jacket and pull on the red one.

"You should clean your room too.." she mumbled looking at my room. "Wha- Why? She isn't gonna be up here!" I exclaimed. "You still should, at least until she gets here." She replies. "Fine." I grumbled but Aunt Cass turned me around to face her. "My little college man. His first date." Aunt Cass says with watery eyes. She probably is thinking about the first time Tadashi had a date. She did the exact same thing to him that she has done to me today.

Aunt Cass hugs me and I hug back. "Thank you for wearing the red jacket." She says. I just nod and start to clean my room.

0-0

After cleaning my room, it was finally time for Y/N to come. Me and Aunt Cass wait by the register, I was mostly hiding behind her. Y/N walks through the door at the exact time that she is supposed to be here. She looks to Aunt Cass. "Hello!" Y/N waves her hand. "Hello! Welcome to Lucky Cat Cafe!" Aunt Cass says with a huge smile. Aunt Cass then goes over to Y/N. "Omygosh! Your so cute!" Aunt Cass says pinching Y/N's cheeks. "Thanks.." Y/N replies a little confused. Aunt Cass then lets go. "Excuse me, I'm sorry. I'm Hiro's Aunt. The boy your meeting?" Aunt Cass stares at her. "Oh! It's very nice to meet you!" Y/N says, shaking my Aunt's hand. I finally step towards them. "Wait, your Hiro?" Y/N asked me. "Yup." I say with a bored tone. "Ok, I'll let you two be alone." Aunt Cass says then turns to the other people in the cafe.

"I had a feeling it was you." Y/N said. "Why?" I asked. "Because, you and me are like, the only prodigy's at the college." She states. "Oh yeah." I say scratching my head. "Why don't we go sit down."
Y/N says. I lead her to a table and we sit.

We sit in awkward silence for awhile. Y/N decided to be the one to speak up. "So, what is your major?" She asked me. "Oh um, I guess nothing in particular yet. But Um, I want to help people. Like my brother." I reply. Y/N smiles such a warm smile, it melts my heart. "That's so nice! I used to want to be a (future dream) but, somethings changed... Um anyways. I'm now studying flight and stuff like that." She says. That was kinda weird how she changed the subject but I just shrug it off. "That's cool." I say nonchalantly, she then stares out of the window. Our table is up on the glass so it was easy for her to stare out of the window. I study her face, she seems to be studying the things outside of the window, the cars, the people walking by, the trees and the sky. I continued to stare at her face. Noticing little things like her (beauty marks) and her (color lips) lips, her (rosy/pale) cheeks and her (color skin) skin.

I think she noticed my staring because she whips her head to stare into my eyes. Staring right in my soul. Y/N looks at me with a questionable look. I was going to say a horrible excuse but Aunt Cass saved me from the awkwardness. Aunt Cass comes to our table with a note book in her hands. "Hello again. What would you youngsters like?" Aunt Cass says in a 'old lady' voice when she said youngsters. I start first. "I would like hot choc-." I stop myself, hot chocolate is kinda kiddish. I bit my bottom lip. "Don't worry Hiro, I know you want hot chocolate and the gummy bear bagel special." Aunt Cass said, I blush a little bit and glance at Y/N. She doesn't seem to care what I ordered. "Could I have (favorite drink) and (favorite snack)?" She asks. "Good choices." Aunt Cass says with a wink. Aunt Cass writes it down and walks off.

"You like hot chocolate?" Y/N asked me. "Um, w-well. Heh uh, yes, no, I mean maybe? Um-" before I could finish, Y/N interrupted. "I love hot chocolate too." Y/N says with her warm smile, which made me a little flustered. "Do you know (favorite song)?" Y/N asks all of a sudden. I perked up my head, I loved that song. "Y-yeah, I actually love that song." I mumbled with a slight smile. Y/N gives me a 'I finally got him to smile' expression. "I know right! That song is so good! It touches me." She says with a lot of enthusiasm, it looks like she has a sparkle in her eyes. She looks kinda like... Tadashi.

"Y-Yeah." I say again. "What other songs do you like?" Y/N asks leaning her head on her hands. "U-Um, well..... I like cavetowne.." I reply. Why do I keep stuttering?! "Omg, me too! You have good taste in music." She hums. Why does she keep making my stomach feel... weird? I'm never with girls my age, so I don't know what this feeling is. Is this... the butterflies? Before I could think anymore, Aunt Cass came with our food.

"Enjoy!" Aunt Cass says with a cheery voice. "Thank you!" Y/N says back. Y/N starts to sip her drink and I sip mine too. "Yum, I always came here before and I never knew that you were here." Y/N says looking at her drink. "Yeah.." I just reply with. A group of kids that looked our age walks through the doors. "Oh my gosh, hey nothing!" They shout towards us, they said it to Y/N. They must be bullies of Y/N, since she is a prodigy. I used to get bullied. I was about to do something but Y/N shouts back. "Jesus Christ! Let it go!" Y/N exclaims in a laughy tone, the group just giggles and minds their own business. "What was that about?" I asked. "Oh, it's a joke we all made in high school. I told the teacher 'you can either call me Y/N or Nothing' and he said 'ok nothing, go to your desk'. And everyone laughed, those were some friends of mine." She replies with sipping her drink again.

Friends? "I never had friends in high school..." I realized I said that out loud, shit. I look down from embarrassment. I feel her eyes piercing at my face. "Have you ever have friends in general?" Y/N asked. I stayed silent but told her. "No, not really." I say, I move my legs to my chest for some comfort. Y/N then says. "Well now you do." She looks into my eyes. "We.. are friends?" I asked in a shocked tone. She nods. "Of course!" She giggles. But we just met... what is up with this girl?

•\_________________________________/•

We had a lot of nice conversations, it was finally time for her to go. We both stand outside of the Lucky Cat Cafe. The sun was starting to set. "It was nice getting to know you." Y/N said. "Y-Yeah, maybe we could d-do this another time?" I ask shivering and maybe stuttering a little. She gives me another warm smile. "Definitely." She says, she grabs my hand and puts something in it. "Bye!" Y/N says waving and then starts running off. I look in my palm to see... a number.

I got her number. That just kept echoing in my head. This has been, the. Best. Day. Ever! I was feeling happy and that is weird. I start doing a happy dance. I realized I was happy and I stopped. I shouldn't be happy, Tadashi can never be happy. He never will. Because he is dead.

I sighed and walked back inside. I was still a little excited though. "So? What happened?!" Aunt Cass asks as she flips the open sign into a closed sign. "I... I got her number." I say with a blush on my face. Aunt Cass stood ther in silence for a second. And then she jumps up and down. "Yay! My nephew has a girlfriend!" She squeals. "Wha-What?! No she isn't!" I exclaimed, she didn't listen and squeezed me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you! The red jacket worked!" Aunt Cass says.

I just grumbled.

2021,January, Monday, 18th