zero.

Zero.
“Walking away could always feel harder than it should.” 

― HEARING BOOTS CLICKING IN THE HALLWAY MOST LIKELY ABOUT TO HEAD OUT I TAKE MY GLASS OF WATER WITH ME TO THE DOORWAY

― HEARING BOOTS CLICKING IN THE HALLWAY MOST LIKELY ABOUT TO HEAD OUT I TAKE MY GLASS OF WATER WITH ME TO THE DOORWAY. Looking in the hallway I could see the braided hair of Mel, who was looking through some drawers for something, as she still didn’t notice me standing, until she turned around as she had a stressed looked on her face. Which happened often even if it was the start of midterms week for Meliana Jones. 

“Theo, how long have you been standing there?” She asked me as I looked at her with my worried face, “Two minutes at the most. What are...what are you looking for Mel?” I asked her knowing she was looking for something, but even I knew it wouldn’t be much good reading her mind for the answer. As she continued to look nervous thinking about something that she probably misplaced. 

“Well you see I put my French notebook on my desk in my room. But this morning I couldn’t find it. Part of me says it was me being late up at night sleep studying, and I put it somewhere. But I can’t find it anywhere.” She told me freaking out as I looked at her. “Well, if you were late night studying where would you go?” I asked her like I would during my days being a detective to limit the places. 

“Other than my desk, sometimes I would sit out in the living room. But I checked there and it wasn’t there.” She told me as I shook my head. “What other places would you go?” I asked her as she looked at me, “To the fridge sometimes for my leftovers. And last night was….” She started, “Shrimp and Ramen night.” We both said together. 

“Theo you're a genius.” She told me passing me as I almost dropped my water, but that the great thing of the uses of telekinesis, as I put it back in my hand as I heard a sequel. “Found it.” I heard a yell from the kitchen as I could see a frown. “But my leftovers are in a better place now. Which sucks for lunch, but……” She looked at me as I shook my head. “Heck no….last time I went to Gotham Academy to bring you lunch, I almost got hit on by one of the seniors.” I told her as she laughed as I entered the kitchen. 

“You’ve only gone once in the seven months you have lived in Gotham, Theo.” She told me as I know it’s only been seven months since moving from Star City to Gotham City, but it doesn’t mean I wanted to go back to school. “Besides Mel, I have work today, helping with security and slight engineering at Wayne Industries.” I told her as she rolled her eyes at me, “But you can ask Tori. She’s off this week.” I told her as she shook her head. 

“Not after last time. She showed up in her Crow uniform and let me tell you everyone hated the C.R.O.W.S. at that time. Even now people still don’t really like the crows 100%. Even if Tori is an ex-crow who now works as a private investigator for who knows who, with Sophie. It doesn’t mean that it doesn’t make it bad.” She told me as I shook my head, “Ok fine. Maybe I could ask Kate to leave early, but remember you owe me one if that senior hits on me again. Because I swear I will do something I would regret now.” I told her as she hugged me happily. 

“And remember 12:30, and I have testing that starts up again at 1:47.” She told me as I nodded, “Alright...Alright I will see you then.” I told her as she hugged me before rushing out as I could hear the sound of a grumpy Tori entering the kitchen with her spoon in her hand. 

“The wooden spoon Tori, really?” I asked her to shake my hand making her a glass of hot tea with my powers moving it towards her as she grabs it. “Sorry, I just didn’t get that much sleep last night. I was too busy watching Mel sleep studying, and stress sleep eating her food.” She told me as I shook my head. “That girl will be the death of me, and I have been close to dying three times before.” I told Tori as she grinned under her tired facade. 

“Well you're still here, if you could get someone like Batwoman, maybe the girl would stop making you take her food. Or asking including near midterms.” She told me as I shook my head, “After everything in Star City that wouldn’t be the hardest thing to do.” I told Tori laughing, “Have you called your sister since?” She asked me as I shook my head. 

“Why should I Tori after everything that happened, I don’t need my older sister to help me anymore. Not after the last time.” I told her to snap a bit as I regretted it seeing her look at me with the eyes that I have seen every time confronting it. “Ok then have you talked to Oliver since?” She asked as I shook my head, “The only person out of Star City I have talked to is Thea. And even she is somewhere else right now. And besides meeting Batwoman would be easier for me to do, heck even becoming friends with her would be easier than talking or forgiving my sister for everything.” I told her as she looked at me as I knew I sounded dramatic but it’s the truth. 

“I still can’t believe that I live with a meta-human.” Tori spoke as I shook my head, “Hey at least I’m not a villain making you my minion. Or heck my hostage.” I told her, seeing her facial expression change, “For your information I could defend myself, remember like I told you at least 50 times a day for the first four months you lived here…” She started as we both spoke, “I/You took self-defence, and combat classes from high school all the way through college.” 

“You know if you were to ever suit up again Theo, it would be good for the city to have more vigilanties. Other than with the Crows, who already hate Batwoman.” She told me as I looked at her. “Oh yeah, and what do I say Tori, Oh hey I’m a meta-human who fights crime, want to work together with Batwoman?” I asked her looking over at the clock knowing I have to head to work as I shook my head at Tori’s snarky comment on my way to my room. 

If only then I knew this was the beginning of my next chapter, one that I didn’t expect. Well let me just say it involves me taking back out the old suit, and starting a new adventure, after my past. Only time could tell what would happen.

Well more to come for the book. I wanted to say I will be doing Flashbacks later in the book and explain more about the situation with the Drake sisters later on.

Other than that how did everyone like the new Batwoman? And the new Batwoman series? Because personally I wanted to say, yes, it sucks and it's weird without Kate Kane. But I'm ready for Ryan Wilder.

I'm still writing Chapter 1, and let me say it will be a flashfoward from this moment. And yes, Theodora will know Kate Kane is Batwoman. I will explain how again later in the story.

For now, enjoy.