Home sweet home

(Zack's POV)
I was standing outside my house, cod it's been two years and it looks exactly how I remember it; single story with a connected garage, a small deck at the front door, and a trampoline in the front yard.  

"What's up?" Nora asked me.

"Nothing's changed," I remarked, "two years gone and everything's just how I remember it."

"We wanted to keep things the same for when you came back," Nora told me, she sounded kind of sad. 

"I still can't believe that after all that time, you were still waiting for me," I felt bad, during my time in the metro, all I could think about was finding Cap'n and getting out of there, I didn't think of my family once. 

"Come on, Mom, Dad, and Alex are all waiting for you," she said, pushing me a little. 

I smiled and walked towards the front door, hesitating as I grabbed the handle. Why am I so nervous? Based on what Nora told me, they're gonna be happy. I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Hello?" I called.

"We're home!" Nora yelled, following me in. 

"Who's we?" I heard my dad ask from the other room. Even after all this time, he still kind of scares me.

"Nora!" my sister said, then she nudged me.

"And Zack!" I called, my voice threatening to break, "I'm home!"

Dad ran into the living room, stopping to stare at me. "Zack?" he asked, "Zackery?" his eyes were watery as he walked over to me.

"Hey Dad," I was smiling like an idiot while I tried not to cry, "Sorry I'm late." 

Without another word, he pulled me into a tight hug, and I couldn't help but let my tears go. He let go of the hug and put his hands on my shoulders, I noticed our facial expressions matched. "Your eye," he said, noticing the scar from where Tartar had a hold of me. 

I gasped and covered my eye with my hand, "Uh, a lot happened."

"You'll have to tell us all about it," Dad said concerned, "Nora, get your brother and call your mother, now!" 

"Right," Nora responded, running to the basement to get Alex. 

"What?" I head Alex yell. (Alex is the oldest of us at 19, with Nora in the middle at 18, and me as the baby at 16. Talk about stare step kids.) Alex ran into the living room, stopping just briefly enough to see where I was, and tackling me into a hug. 

"Wow Alex," I said as I tried to not get crushed, "I didn't realize you cared this much."

"Bitch, I'm the one that taught you how to play video games, you think I don't care?" he snapped back. We both laughed. "What happened to your eye?" 

"Mom's on her way now!" Nora called from the kitchen. 

"I'll tell you when Mom gets back," I told him.

We all sat in the living room while we waited for mom, the others all had a hand on me like I was going to disappear again. A few minutes later we heard the door slam open. "Zack!" I heard Mom call. 

"Living room!" Dad yelled back.

Mom rushed in and I braced myself to get tackled again, but she just staired at me.

"Uh, Mom?" I asked, confused.

Mom started walking towards me, not saying a word. When she got to where I was sitting on the couch, she kneeled down and put her hand on my cheek saying, "Its really you."

I relaxed into my mother's hand, beginning to tear up once more. "Hi Mom."

(8's POV)

After a few hours of hanging out in the news room, Pearl and Marina told me it was time to go home. I followed them through the building and got into the back seat of Pearl's car, sitting quietly while I waited.