Welcome to Inkopolis

Zack's POV

We landed just outside of the city, Pearl and Marina leaving soon after 'cause they had something to do. Cap'n, the octo, and I took a bus deeper into the city, getting off at a place called "the square" per Marina's recommendation. I'm not sure if trust her yet though.

As we got off the bus, Cap'n spoke up. "You two kids go on and explore, I'm gonna head back to my shack in the valley, bye." the bus closed its doors and drove off into the distance, leaving just me and the newbie.

I put my face in my hand and sighed, "Well 8, let's look around." she nodded silently and stood next to me, causing me to groan. I'm not racist against octolings, but my time as an agent has made it a bit difficult for me to trust them, the fact that our first encounter was her trying to kill me doesn't help either.

"Agent 3?" she started.

"Hey, call me Zack out here." I interrupted, "the fact that we're agents is suppose to be a secret."

"Sorry." She shrank. She looked really upset about something.

"It's fine," I told her, "so what's up?"

"The other inklings are looking at me weird." she whispered, barely audible.

I looked around, now noticing the glares and scowls that were directed towards us, or more specifically, her. I put my hand on her shoulder and shot them all a look that sent a very clear message, "This one's under MY protection. Try to hurt her and you'll regret it." The other inklings looked away in fear and embracement. I might not trust 8 yet, but she's still a part of my team.

"Come on 8," I said, pushing her a little, "let's get out of here."

"Ok." She said, sighing in relief.

We kept walking through the square, checking out the shops and stopping at the food truck. It's too bad we don't have any of those food voucher tickets, the menu looks awesome.

"Zack!?" I heard a voice call. I quickly spun around, I don't know who knew my name in this place, but whoever it is could be trouble. I saw someone sprinting towards us at an insanely high speed. Normally I would be able to catch them or at least dodge them, but I was injured, exhausted, and starving, so I was tackled into a hug. "Oh my cod, you're alive!"

8's POV

It was a girl, she was teary eyed and kissing his cheek. I could feel my face heat up with anger, but why am I angary at her? Whatever, she needs to get off of him!

"Nora?" Zack asked as he sat up.

"My baby brother's alive!" she screamed as she hugged him tighter. She's his sister? For some reason that makes me less angary.

"I can't believe you recognized me so quickly after two years." Zack said as the two of them stood up.

"Are you kidding? how could I not?" she asked him, "We've all been loosing our minds about your disappearance. We have to tell everyone! Mom and Dad have been worried sick and Alexander hasn't left his room in over a year!"

"It didn't even occur to me that you guys would still be waiting for me." Zack said, astonished.

"How could you forget about your family?" Nora asked, annoyed.

"It's a long story." Zack explained, stretching out long. "Let's head back home so I can see them!"

"Um, excuse me.." I said shyly.

"What do you want octo?" Nora asked, putting a large amount of venom into each word.

"Oh, I haven't introduced you," Zack started, "8, this is my sister Nora. Nora, this is 8, she's a new trainee that I've been put in charge of."

"Uhg, I told you working for some crazy old man would be trouble." Nora told Zack.

"You have no idea." Zack replied, chuckling and shaking his head like it was an inside joke.

"I can't believe that fossil hired an octoling." Nora continued, completely baffled .

"I was just as surprised as you are," Zack said, "but turns out 8 is really good at her job."

"Well what do we do with her? There's no way she's coming to our house." Nora spat.

"Hey 8," Zack called to me, "I need to run home for a while, think you could hang with Pearl and Marina until I get back?"

"I can call them." I said quietly.

"Pearl and Marina? Like off the hook?" Nora asked bewildered.

"What?" Zack and I asked at the same time.

"Just take a look at the big screen." Nora told us. I looked at the giant monitor on the tower and couldn't believe my eyes, Pearl and Marina are celebrities!

"Uh, yeah that's them." Zack said, shocked.

"In that case, they're over here." Nora started walking to the other side of the square. We followed her to a large window where we found the pair sitting on the other side and relaxing. They didn't notice us right away, so Zack knocked on the glass.

The two looked over to us with rather surprised expressions. Zack waved at them smugly while I just stared. Pearl jumped up and ran to the window, waving like a maniac. Marina walked over and put a hand on Pearl's shoulder as she waved for us to come inside. Zack nudged his sister with his elbow and walked around the building. Nora and I followed as the other inklings jaws hit the floor.

Zack's POV

A man in a suit opened a side door for us as we approached. I could tell that he was trying to maintain his composure, but the look in his eyes were a dead give away that something like this wasn't normal. We met up with Pearl and Marina inside their lounge, the eyes of jealous inklings burning through the glass.

"I didn't know you two were famous." I told them.

"We didn't want to spoil the surprise." Pearl teased.

"So how are you enjoying the square?" Marina asked us.

"And who's this girl?" Pearl added.

"This is my sister Nora," I started, "apparently, she and the rest of my family have been waiting for me to come home ever since I went missing."

"That's why we're here." 8 said quietly.

"Whachya mean?" Pearl asked.

"You see, my family isn't exactly the most...open about octolings." I explained, "So I was hoping she could hang with you two for a while."

"Don't worry Zack, we get it." Marina said. "You go see your family, that gives us plenty of time to talk to 8 about moving in with us."

"You mean it?" 8 asked a little louder than usual.

"Of course," Pearl said, "we've got plenty of extra room and it'll be a lot easier than trying to find you an apartment."

"Here's our address," Marina said handing me a piece of paper, "drop by sometime." I took the paper and nodded.

"Hey Nora," I called, "you've been pretty quiet."

"Uh, ah, how?" she stammered.

"I'll fill you in when we get home." I told her.

"O-Ok." she managed.

"On that note," I said, "I'll see you three latter."

"Latter!" Pearl yelled.

"Have a safe trip." Marina said.

"Bye Zack." 8 whispered. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but she sounded a little sad. And call me crazy, but I wanted to hang out with her more.

1240 words! So Zack has siblings, they are bound to make things more interesting. The only question is; will it be a good or a bad interesting? Only one way to find out. Remember, this is a prequel story, so if you love this, check out my other Splatoon story or just my other stories in general. Make sure to like this chapter and subscribe to my YouTube. Until next time, May the item drops forever be in your favor.