Chapter 1

Light was laying down on the velvet colored sofa in the living room of his penthouse. Closing his brown eyes, his head was resting on the back of the plushy piece of furniture. At the same time, he lifted both of his long legs up and off the floor in favor of stretching them out. His brown hair was tied neatly in a man bun, a style which he never thought that he could rock. "Hm.." he hummed out with a sigh to follow, fully relaxing.

He was the perfect definition of relaxation.

Today had been very much enjoyable with Teru; probably the most enjoyable day since they'd moved here together, to be honest. It was certainly better than last night, that was for sure. When the older man had finally come home after a rather long day, Light had been waiting for him in their bedroom, sitting on their king sized bed in nothing but his boxers. Teru knew what Light wanted and regretfully turned him down, hating to deny him anything but knowing he was too tired to try anything sexual with him. He felt horrible about it and couldn't even count the number of apologies that had tumbled from his lips.

"I'm sorry, darling."

"I'm sorry my love, please forgive me."

"I will make up to you somehow, I promise. I'm so so sorry."

Light had, of course, excused every one of them, as he knew how hard Teru was working to help preserve the new world they'd created together; but he couldn't say that he hadn't been at least a little hurt by just he quickness his request had been turned down, but of course, denied in a polite way. He'd even offered to pleasure his lover himself, but Teru had declined, insisting that he didn't wish Light to waste his efforts on him when he would be barely awake to enjoy it.

This brought a small smile on Light's face, but of course, it was short lived. His lover has a habit of being...too humble, so to speak. Never taking letting himself get any praise, glory or attention. As always, solely devoted to Light only. That's who he is, at the end of the day, and Light could only love him.

Unfortunately, this had been a regular occurrence for the past week. Each night, Teru would get home late in the evening, give Light a kiss, ask him about his day, make something quick for dinner for the both of them, head straight for their bedroom to do his night routine, say good night, and then quickly fall asleep to repeat the same pattern the very next day. The first time this happened, Light had been a little angry and confused by the other man's actions; why couldn't Teru just spend the day with him and do what he needed to do here at their home? He voiced those thoughts out loud during some nights, which only made Teru feel even more guilty and upset.

But he very quickly realized his own selfishness and repeatedly apologized to Teru for placing the blame upon him for his inability to be in two places at once. Besides, he knew it was for a good reason, and Teru had told him about a week ago that he would go to one of the towns for a few days to get some things done that he couldn't from home. Light hadn't asked him specifically what he needed to do, but he only assumed it must have been something important. That would benefit the future of the new world. For Teru to leave him alone nearly the entire day...leaving him alone.

Even the god of his own world occasionally grew bored. And lonely. Yes, very lonely indeed. To the point that he would end up daydreaming some...things that would always bring a deep, red blush to his face.

He'd dealt with both of these things by entertaining himself with activities as best as he could. Swimming in their inground, practicing tennis in their outdoor court, jogging on their beach, judging some criminals with the Death Note in their living room and more.

But there was the issue of that one recurring pronoun that had been used to specify just exactly who those things all belonged to: "their."

Yes, Light thoroughly enjoyed doing all of those things, as usual. However, he wanted to do them and more with Teru, not without him. They weren't nearly as fun or as pleasing with the other man absent. During the week, he had even once wondered if Teru was beginning to tire of his presence altogether, but this brief, depressing thought had been immediately demolished when he remembered just how much of an attentive, caring affection the man held for him; and vice versa.