Chapter 2

Later that afternoon...

"Light! Come here for a moment." Teru called. He has some good news, at least to him. Basically, he hired a old gentleman to be his secretary. He made sure not to reveal anything nor make himself suspicious. All he told him was that he's a private investigator and that he needs help with keeping track of all the criminals revealed either through police reports or publicly on the news. Teru made sure to do a thorough background check on the guy and used this special power that he hasn't told his newly made fiancée yet.

This power give Teru the ability to make others do as he say and make them forget certain things that he, of course, wants them to forget. (Inspired from anime/manga 'Code Geass')

When Light finally came into view with a dazzling, loving smile on his face, Teru beckoned him to come closer. Turning his laptop screen around in order to show Light. The brown haired man raised an eyebrow in curiosity, "Teru..what is..or rather, who is this?" His partner smiled at him, "I felt bad about not spending enough time with you so I came up with a plan and hired him as our 'secretary.' So to speak." This brought on alarm bells in Light' head.

"I don't know about this....you didn't tell him about the Death Note, did you?" He questioned.

Teru shook his head, "Of course not. I made sure to take extra precautions and did a thorough background check on him. Trust me, Light. All I want is..." But his fiancée and god silenced him, thinking.

"This matter and the time we made love are two separate things, Teru. But fine, on one condition. The moment I feel genuine suspicion or worry, he's dead. Understood?" Teru nodded his head just as his phone started buzzing. He took it out from his pocket to answer it. Putting the man on speaker, "Hello?" He said.

Light listened intently as the new 'secretary' started talking.

"Hello sir! I just wanted to inform you that I got the papers on the names of those who are standing trial later this month," the couple went on another tab to get on a local news channel's free live stream, "also...thank you very much for this sir. I appreciate the fact you gave me this job a lot. I will go now and inform you of any updates." With that, the old man hanged up just as the breaking news came on. With a news woman frantically reporting that fifty inmates had died unexpectedly, saying that this is the work of Kira. Who probably found them guilty without having to stand trial.

'Kira is one and above all else! He is absolute and the most powerful person in all of Japan..'

'...all of Japan..'

...Japan..."

The couple smiled darkly and turned to towards one another to engage in a brief but passionate kiss before focusing on the screen. Light snickered as he says to his fiancée, "Teru...it was a success. Good job, love." Teru could only smiled back, happy to make his god happy and proud of him. Light kissed him on the cheeks and whispered in his ear, "As long as things are well and you abide by my guidelines, then I guess having a secretary to do some of our dirty work isn't too bad." Teru suddenly felt heat pooling all over his body, feeling sudden arousal. He took ahold of one slender hand of his lover, pressing a lingering kiss on top of each knuckle slowly, worshiping him.

"Light...my god...are you up for another round?" He ask quietly, brushing his lips against the smooth, silky ones.

The brown haired man grinned happily, wrapping his arms around Teru's neck, moving his face even closer. "Of course I am. After this morning, I thought you would never ask..."

They sealed the deal with a fiery, open mouth kiss and got right down to business.

Meanwhile, something or rather, someone looked down with a smile. That smile was really wide and quite scary. It's teeth were large and sharp. It's black lips huge and jagged, definitely not human or something kissable for the matter. This...being is someone who Light knew from a time long ago.

Ryuk.

"Well, well...Light-o here seems to be having the best time of his life with that notebook. But... it would hurt to see a plot twist in this story. Just a small one...and I know just the thing.." He openned his huge, leathery wings and started flying towards somewhere in the Northsouth.

"It's a classic."
———————————————————————
After a long marathon of sex, Light and Teru (Mikami) slept soundly, not noticing that things were about to change quickly. This change most likely wouldn't be good. For Light, For Teru, For Kira and fir the couple as well. This change, however, could either strengthen or break the existing bond between the men

It starts with the secretary.

It's all because of Ryuk and his famed boredom.

What will be the outcome? Only time will tell.

Let's see, shall we?

Sorry for the short chapter and taking a long time to upload. I've been busy with school and other projects. It might take me a while longer to upload more for this book. Since I'm trying to finish or progress the plot for my other stories even more. But thanks for the reads, hope you enjoyed this chapter! And the story overall so far!