Kabanata XII

Leaving

"Damn it Nikolas, I'm getting near..." Rafaela moaned loudly as Nikolas kept thrusting inside her. They were both panting, trying to catch their breathe. Nikolas was moving hard and rough because he felt frustrated. Wala siya sa kanyang sarili at pakiramdam niya ay gusto niyang magwala na lamang.

Moments later, she reached her climax. Nikolas immediately stopped and went inside the bathroom. He removed his condom and threw it away. He didn't reach his climax because he wasn't in the mood. Yvanna's face kept flashing in his imagination. He knew it was a bad thing. Fucking his fiancee while imagining Yvanna's face.

He closed his eyes and breathed sharply. Binuksan niya ang gripo at naghilamos. He looked at his reflection in the mirror for a while.

"Nikolas?" He heard Rafaela's voice outside the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" she asked concernedly.

"I'm good, don't worry," he replied. He bathed quickly to refresh himself. Pagkatapos ay agad din siyang lumabas ng banyo at nadatnan ang nobya na nakasandal sa headboard ng kama habang wala pa ring kahit anong suot.

"You are leaving? I thought you're sleeping here?" tanong ni Rafaela sa kanya.

"I've got something to do in the morning, I need to leave," he said while drying himself.

"You can leave early in the morning..." she said, almost begging.

"Rafaela, you know how my work demands so much time."

"I know, but can you stay for a while? I've missed you..."

"I need to leave, I'll try to make time tomorrow if things workout well," ani Nikolas at mabilis na nagbihis. Nang matapos, agad niyang hinalikan ang nobya sa labi at nagpaalam.

He's alone tonight because he told his driver and bodyguards to go home. Ayaw niyang mayroong nag-aantay sa kanya dahil pakiramdam niya ay bilang ang kanyang oras. Gamit niya ang sasakyan niya na madalas niya lang ilabas kapag gusto niyang mapag-isa upang walang makakilala sa kanya. It's almost midnight and he doesn't want to go home yet.

Namalayan na lamang ni Nikolas na papunta siya sa bahay ng dating nobya, si Yvanna. Pakiramdam niya ay nawalan siya ng pakealam kung mayroon mang makakilala sa kanya. He just wanted to see her now, that's what matters to him.

Using his other phone, he called her number and it rang. Few seconds later, she answered.

"Hello, who is this?" When he heard her voice, his heart pumped rapidly. Pakiramdam niya ay isa siyang teenager na masayang-masaya nang kausapin siya ng kanyang gusto.

"Yvanna..." he almost whispered.

"Oh..." she replied when she heard his voice.

"Can we talk? I wanna see you."

"Do you hear yourself, Nikolas? Hanggang kailan ka magiging ganito?"

"I know you are mad, Yvanna. I know what you feel but--"

"If you really know what I feel, then fuck you. Wala kang alam, Nikolas. I have been through a lot since we broke up, since you chose to be your father's dog."

"Yvanna, I don't know what to do anymore. I'm not happy with what I have and what I'm doing. I don't know..." Nikolas voice broke. Now, he's crying.

He pulled over and tried to collect himself again.

"I just want to be with you again, Yvanna, and you're right, I'm my father's dog. I'm doing this because of him, because of my family's reputation. I'm doing this because I'm an asshole and I'm not brave enough to do things with my own."