Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to Harry peppering my face with kisses and the corners of my mouth turned up into a bright smile.

"Good morning, baby. Happy birthday." He kissed both of my cheeks and I put my arms around him to keep him close to me. His hair tickled my face when he leaned down to kiss my neck and my collarbone. I felt warm, and not just from the thick comforter draped over us.

My smile only grew as he touched his lips to every part of me he could reach, my face, my lips, my neck, my shoulders.

He hummed and caressed my face with his hand. "I love you. So much."

I started to say it back but was stopped by his lips. The kiss wasn't needy or messy; it was just gentle. Loving.

I kept my arms around him when we pulled apart. "Don't ever forget how perfect you are." It was something I liked to say; he'd never heard that kind of language from anyone but me, so I made sure to remind him all the time.

He smiled softly and kissed me again.

He leaned back on my thighs and I sat up to kiss him again, but he put his hand on my chest to stop me. "Wait here."

I watched with curiosity as he walked out the room. He was gone for a few minutes, and he had his hands behind his back when he kneeled down on the bed. I was sitting cross-legged on top of the blankets and he grinned at me.

He revealed a small box wrapped in red paper and placed it in my lap.

"Oh, Harry." I smiled warmly and slid my hand through his hair, kissing him quickly. "You-"

He cut me off with his lips. "Just open it, baby."

His pupils looked a bit dilated as he watched me unwrap the paper. "Wrapped it myself." He sounded proud of himself and I smiled. He kept one hand on my knee while I opened the box, revealing a smaller velvet ring-box inside.

My breath seemed to leave entirely as I flipped the box open. Inside was a beautifully engraved black and gold ring with roses on the outside and a word inscribed on the inside. I thought it was one of the prettiest pieces of jewelry I'd ever seen. It even felt expensive and delicate in my hand.

"Wow," I said breathlessly and he took it from me to slip the ring onto my middle finger.

He caressed my face with his hand. "It's a promise ring, baby." He touched his forehead to mine and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Cause I promise I'll protect you and love you for the rest of my life."

He was so perfect. I didn't deserve him, but he gave his heart to me. And I gave mine to him.

"I love it."

He pulled back a bit and grinned at me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'm glad you do."

"I love it, Harry. Thank you."

I pulled him forward into a perfect kiss. Perfect because it was perfect Harry, my perfect boyfriend who loved me more than anything.

I didn't ever want to break off our kiss, but I wanted to remind him how much I loved him. You can never say it too much in my opinion.
"I love you."

He smiled softly and I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him up against my chest. He kissed the part of my neck that he could access. "I love you more."

I doubted it, but I didn't want to argue with him. I kissed him over and over again until I thought I had run out of kisses to give. Well, I'd never run out of kisses for Harry, but we should be getting downstairs soon. I hummed contently and gave one last kiss to his lips before he got off of me. He squeezed my hand and I stood up too, walking to the bathroom to get ready.